Chapter Thirty-Five

A/N: Alright! So I legit just finished chapter thirty-seven a minute ago as I start proof reading this! I'm pretty certain there's going to be 38 chapters and an epilogue (that may actually end up being a two parter). Have fun reading this! I swear I'm going to get my crap together and try to finish it before next week! Only two-three chapters! I can (probably) totally do that! Wish me luck!

Wendy looked back at the cave for the last time as they made their way from its depths. Memories flashed before her eyes. Of her manic search for Chelia, the feeling of saving her, the electric sensation of marking her. It was weird. She had waited for so long to escape that place and here she was reminiscing about her time spent there. She felt a hand thread through her own and she looked over to find a grinning Chelia. "What's with the serious look? You should be happy! We're all finally free!" Wendy chuckled at her girlfriend. She was always so insistently optimistic. She heard the flapping of wings and caught sight of Carla overhead. The Exceed was still too tired to carry Wendy after their quick trip over here, but she could fly. The group had decided that they would walk back to Fairy Tail. It should only take three to four days on foot. Plus, it would be nice for all of them to have a little mini-vacation with their Mates after what had just happened. "You're right." The blue-haired Dragon Slayer admitted as she walked down the pathway. "Of course I am!" Chelia said with a grin. Wendy laughed and Chelia put her head on her shoulder. Wendy was so happy she didn't even notice Carla looking over at them.

<><><>

Lucy knew their Mating Season was over, but she still found herself curled up beside Erza as they walked. She wasn't supposed to be all clingy... but she was. She had learned it was all fake the day before... but that didn't fix all of the worrying she'd done while Erza had been 'kidnapped'. Lucy couldn't help but worry that... well... if Erza was ever captured by someone again she couldn't save her. Let's face it, she's weak and Erza has saved her countless time. The redhead looked over at her. "It's alright, Lucy. You remember what he said. I realize that you're perfectly capable of saving me. You should know that too." Lucy looked over at her and smiled. "Do you really think so?" Lucy asked. Erza nodded and rubbed her shoulder. "You're amazing, Lucy." She said softly. Lucy blushed as she looked at her girlfriend. Maybe she's right. I did summon three spirits at once back there... Lucy let out a content sigh as she continued to walk beside Erza. "How is it you always know what to say?" Lucy asked. Erza looked over at her and shrugged. "When you know someone well enough you can sometimes tell what they're thinking and, if you're smart, you can say what they need to hear." Lucy shook her head at her Mate. "You're insane, you know?" Lucy asked. Erza laughed quietly. "Aren't all Fairy Tail members?" Lucy couldn't find a come back for that one. She had a point.

<><><>

Gray glanced over at Natsu to find the fiery Dragon Slayer seeming to be arguing with himself silently. Gray knew he was angry at him for not telling him right away, but Natsu was also happy to have Gray back in one piece and out of that cave. "Natsu, are you going to be upset forever?" Gray asked in his monotone voice. Natsu looked over at him for a moment. "No... but I'm allowed to be angry!" Natsu insisted with an upset look. Gray let out a sigh. "Do you really want to ruin this mini-vacation?" Gray asked. Natsu grumbled something else under his breath and walked over to his boyfriend. "Fine! But for the record, I'm still going to be angry when we get back to the guild hall," Natsu said. He grabbed onto Gray's hand and the pair walked down together. Gray knew he was going to have to calm Natsu's fury before they got back to the guild hall. He had a few days... but he was planning on doing it as soon as possible. He didn't like having his Natsu angry with him. Gray tried to think of a foolproof plan... but he suddenly realized that he didn't need that good of a plan. Natsu was always a rather simple guy. Gray could handle it. "Natsu, I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. I love you." Natsu looked over at him and there was clearly a look of conflict on his face. "I love you too, Gray." He said with a sigh. Gray smirked. He really didn't need a smart plan. He just needed to be blunt. That's what Natsu responded to. "Dang it, Gray! I'm supposed to be mad at you!" He snapped with a sigh. Gray smirked and Natsu let out a growl as he looked at his boyfriend. "Dang it..." Natsu muttered.