Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Here it is! The much awaited meeting of Cana's father and Cana's girlfriend! Mirajane's so excited for this. She's not scared at all. Oh! Btw! I know I said this was probably going to be like 25 chapters... but now I'm thinking somewhere between 30-35... so yeah. Now, on with the story!

Laxus grinned as Freed and he leaned backwards. Laxus felt that electric buzz shoot through him and recognized it as having been what the others going through Mating Season had been describing lovingly for the past few days. "I love you," Laxus finally whispered and Freed blushed. "Laxus... I... I love you, too." The green-haired Mage said in a hushed voice. The two suddenly realized that the rest of the guild was staring at them. Laxus blushed just a little bit and Freed looked like a lobster. Chelia had her hand intertwined with Wendy's and was cheering loudly while the blue-haired girl smirked. Erza had her arm wrapped around Lucy's waist loosely with a small smirk while Lucy was clapping. Natsu looked as if his fire had been put out as he looked at the pair. "But this was our moment..." Natsu whined. Gray chuckled and found he had his arm wrapped around the Fire Dragon Slayer's waist. Gray blushed as he realized this, not sure how his arm had gotten there. It was quite embarrassing.

<><><>

Cana grinned and leaned her head onto Mirajane's shoulder. "Cana, do you mind giving me a little space so I can give people their orders?" Mirajane asked. "Hmmm..." Cana pretended to be considering. "Nope!" She said happily. "Cana-" Mirajane cut herself off as she saw the guild hall doors burst open. Cana looked up as well and caught sight of a very familiar figure. "Gildarts..." Mirajane breathed with more than a touch of fear in her voice. "Cana! Sweetie!" The tough man's face turned soft and giddy. "Come and give your daddy a hug!" Gildarts said excitedly. Cana rolled her eyes as she was swooped up into Gildarts arms. "Come on! Say hello!" Cana mumbled a greeting and he released her after a moment. "Well, how about we go catch u-" Gildarts widened comedically. "Wait... Cana... were you and Mirajane... what?" His expression was that of complete confusion. "Yeah. Gi-Dad, Mirajane's my girlfriend." She said. Mirajane tried not to look afraid, standing as tall as she could and smiling at Gildarts. "Mirajane, you're seeing my daughter?" Gildarts asked, turning his gaze on her. Cana conjoined her hand with Mirajane's, intertwining their fingers. "Yes, Sir." Cana gave Mirajane a look as she heard her call her father 'sir'. Gildarts took a step towards them and Mirajane barely stopped herself from flinching. "Mirajane..." She gulped. "Call me father." Gildarts wrapped Mirajane in a hug much like the one he had given his own daughter and Cana rolled her eyes at him. Mirajane was in a state of shock as she was embraced by the Mage. "Gildarts..." She mumbled. The man finally released her and Mirajane pulled back and Cana grabbed onto her hand rather quickly. Gildarts raised an eyebrow. "Aww! Sweetie, are you becoming more affectionate?" Gildarts asked, grinning at the idea. He'd always been a bit more affectionate than his daughter. Cana blushed slightly and Mirajane smirked. "That's not exactly it..." Cana mumbled and Gildarts raised an eyebrow. "Then explain it, Sweetie." The older Mage said with an affectionate smile. Cana looked around and sighed, leading the two of them out of the room and towards the side of the guild hall. Cana refused to let go of Mirajane and the white-haired girl was forced to follow behind the father and daughter. "It's kind of a long story..."

<><><>

Wendy grinned as she saw Laxus and Freed sitting at a table beside each other and talking in hushed tones. "Look what we did!" Chelia said with an excited giggle. Wendy gave her girlfriend/Mate a wide grin and wrapped her arm around her shoulders. "I love you, Chelia." Wendy blushed as soon as she said the words. They were far too young for such words... Wendy opened her mouth to try and fix her mistake, but Chelia whipped her head around to look at Wendy. "Do you mean it?" She asked. Wendy started to deny it, but she paused as she started to think. Do I? I know I love the way she smiles... I love the way she laughs... I love how clumsy she is... I love the look she gets when she's focused, sticking her tongue out of her mouth just slightly... I love the way she thinks, the way she jokes... I love her. "I do." She whispered. Chelia leaned towards her with a wide smile. "I love you too, Wendy." She whispered before pressing a kiss to the younger girl's lips and making Wendy giggle in the process. Carla just about fainted. Sure she knew the two were together and all... but seeing them kiss was another thing entirely.