Chapter 3

*1 month later*

Bucky waited a little bit from the time he asked his coach till he started to go with his plan. Braelyn woke up on the Monday morning of homecoming week to an email from the tutoring program that said "You have a meeting during your study hall with the principal and counselor about a student that will be put on academic probation." 

She got up and pulled her long blonde hair back in ponytail and put on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a camisole top and black long sleeve shirt that was falling off on one side. She put her black chuck taylors on and did her make up with some smoky eye. She went downstairs and ate breakfast and said "I'm off daddy love you I may be late I miht have a new student to tutor." 

"Ok honeybee see you later" her dad said 

She got in her car and turned on "Magic Man" by Heart and went to school. Her mom was where her love for 80s music came from. She got to school Bucky seen her and he walked over to her at her locker and said "you look beautiful today." 

"Thank you." she said with some blush on her cheeks. 

He was hoping that his plan was going to work out in his favor. He hadn't been flirting around with any other girl since he met Braelyn. She went to her class and then during her study hall the counselor came and got her. The principal went to Bucky's chemistry class and said "Mr Rhodes I need to see James Barnes." 

"Yes sir" Mr Rhodes said 

Bucky gathered his stuff and followed him down to the conference room and sat down and saw his parents and Braelyn walked in. The principal said "Ok now that we are all here Mr Barnes we are putting you on academic probation till you can get your grades up. Doing this during your senior year is a big risk Mr Barnes so I trust that you can do this without any problems. Ms Baylor here is going to be your peer tutor you meet her Monday-Friday at 330 in the library and during her study hall which is her 2nd period she will help you with your Chemistry tests and after school she will help you with your classes. You will not be allowed to practice and or play do you understand?' 

"Yes sir. I'm really sorry." he said 

Winnie said "We know senior year is stressful James but this is a bit much." 

"I'm sorry mom." he said

"Ok now you may go back to class and you met Ms Baylor after school." the principal said 

Braelyn looked over his schedule for his senior year and she went to his teachers and they went over everything with her that he needed to work on and what he had to make up. Then she went back to her study hall room and started to put together different things to help him with his classes. 

After school he found her in the library and he had to hide the smile that he was able to pull off his plan. He sat down beside her and he said "Hi."

"Hi." she said 

Steve was at practice and he said "Coach where is Barnes." 

"Oh right Barnes is out until he gets off academic probation." The coach said

"oh.. I wasn't aware that he was failing." Sam said 

"Me either" clint said 

The coach had long forgotten that Bucky had asked him what would happen to him if he failed so he didn't even think about it. Braelyn had Bucky doing his make up tests in his Economics and English classes. He kept looking over at her and she said "Bucky I know you think I'm beautiful but you really need to focus." 

"I know but I just find you so beautiful." he said 

"Do you want me to find you another tutor?' she said

"Oh no.. I want you to be my tutor I just you are very distracting sometimes." he said 

She swallowed hard and said "Focus on your test." 

Steve after practice went to the library door and seen Braelyn helping Bucky with his Algebra homework. "You better watch yourself Buck" he whispered to himself. 

Around 630 Braelyn ended the tutor session and said 'Ok that's all we will do today." 

"Ok.." he said 

She put her stuff up and put all the tutor stuff in his folder and he gathered his stuff and they left the library. He let her go in front of him and he said "Thanks for helping me." 

"You are very welcome." she said

They both left the school and went home. Bucky laid down on his bed and closed his eyes and smiled. A few days later was Friday even though he was on probation he still had to wear his jersey. They were in the library doing his homework and he said "Um do you want to come with me to the game after this." 

"I um I don't think that's a good idea Bucky." she said

"Why?' he said

"Cause I already have Steve on my case telling me that I should of suggested that you have another tutor." she said 

"He's not your dad he's just your step brother you are 18 you should be allowed to choose you want to hang out with, with no judgement." he said 

She bit her lip and she said "Will you explain the game to me?" 

"Of course.." he said 

"I guess I can go." she said 

They walked to their cars and put their stuff in them and they walked up to the football game and he paid for them to get in and he sat them up where nobody could really tell that they were sitting there he explained the game to her after the game was over he walked her to her car and kissed her cheek. 

"Good night Braelyn" he said

"Good night Bucky" she said and thanking her lucky stars that it was dark so he couldn't see how red her face was when he kissed her cheek.