Chapter 7

That night they were up at the barn making out on the couch with Bucky in between her legs. When she heard her phone ringing and he said "Ignore it baby it's probably Steve." 

"Mm baby I have to answer it ." she said

She found it and saw that it was her aunt and she said "baby it's my aunt." 

She said "Hello."

"Brae honey I hope you are sitting down." Jolene said

"I am laying down what's wrong?' she said

"Honey I hate to tell you this but as of an hour ago your mama passed." Jolene said

Bucky seen her face drop and she said "She's gone?'" with tears forming in her eyes.

"I am so sorry honey but we knew this day was coming I'm going tomorrow to start making arrangements I'll let you know when everything is ok honey." Jolene said and she hung up.

Braelyn started to cry and Bucky hugged her and whispered "Shh baby it's ok. I'm right here." 

After a few minutes Bucky and her drove back home and she walked into her house with Bucky holding her hand and Steve said "What did you do Buck?'

"I didn't do anything shut up Steve.." Bucky said

Brett her dad walked in and said "Brae honey what's wrong?'

She stood there and said "M m m"

Brett looked at her and said "Brae honey what's wrong?'

She tried to say the words again but she couldn't get them out and Bucky whispered "It's ok baby you can do this." 

Brett walked over to her and said "Brae look at me honey what is it?' then looked up at Bucky and Bucky said "Jolene called her not but 15 mins ago and said that Catherine had passed." 

"Oh god.. no wonder she can't get the words out." Brett said as he hugged his daughter. He kissed her head and said "Shh baby we knew this day was coming it's alright." 

Steve looked down and said "Sorry for blaming you Bucky." 

"Steve can I talk to you a minute." Bucky said 

Steve followed him outside and Bucky said "Look I know that for a awhile now I haven't had a serious relationship that I bounce around but for the first time in really long time I found a girl that I really like and I would appreciate it if you and our friends would stop acting like this I like Braelyn a lot it wasn't a game to get in her pants." 

"I'm sorry Buck." Steve said 

Braelyn came outside and hugged Bucky and he hugged her back and she whispered "Don't leave me" 

"Shh baby I'm right here." he said as he held her tighter. She went with him to his house and he introduced her to his parents and they went downstairs to his room and he held her while she cried till she fell asleep. Bucky knew how close she was to her mom and how much she meant to Braelyn. 

That weekend was the funeral service Bucky went with her and held her hand as she sat in the front row with her aunt and her dad. She gave eulogy like her mom requested where she talked about their road trips their love of 80s music and late night milk shake runs and taco bell runs. 

After the service was over she stared out the window and wiped tears as her and Bucky drove back home. "Buck." she said

"yeah baby" he said

"New Years Eve." she said

"What about it?' he said

"I want that night to be our night I want that night to be the night that I lose my virginity." she said 

"OK baby." he said as he kissed her hand as he held it. 

They pulled into his parents house and they went inside and she got out of her dress and put on one of his shirts and laid down and they took a nap together.