Chapter VI: First Kiss

Standing up from the couch, you flip over your coffee table, causing pictures and books to fall to the floor. Picking up the overturned coffee table, you throw it against the television, causing it to fall from its mount on the wall. Turning around, you overturn the couch which crashes into the wall behind it, leaving a large crack in the plaster. Grabbing a vase of flowers on a nearby side table, you throw it against the wall, water dripping to the floor.

You continue to wreck your apartment in a drunken anguish, overturning furniture, punching a hole in the wall, sweeping papers and books off your desk and onto the floor. Grabbing a picture of Weiss off your nightstand, you throw it against the wall, shattering the frame. You go around your apartment destroying any picture that has Weiss in it. In your living room are a collection of pictures on the windowsill. Memories, windows into the past, when everything was perfect. One after the other you pick them up and smash them against the walls. You grab the last one and are about to throw it when you hesitate.

The photograph was in a frame nicer than the rest, centered in the forefront of the others. It's almost as if you subconsciously left it till the end. Weiss' arms are wrapped around your neck. You have one hand on the side of her face, the other on her arm. Your lips are met in a gentle embrace. You look down at the framed memory with fondness. You remember how she had suddenly grabbed your face and pulled you down for your first kiss. You were caught off guard at first, but eventually melted into her embrace. Somehow Blake had managed to capture the moment with her scroll.
________________________________________________________________________
The snow was beginning to thaw as the winter began to take leave midway through February. It was Valentine's Day and you had promised to take Weiss out on a date. While she would appreciate you taking her out to dinner or for a sunset stroll through the park, they didn't feel special enough for Valentine's Day. Today was a day for romance. While many guys saw it as a day for their girlfriends to bleed their wallets, you viewed it as an excuse to give Weiss everything she deserved without her complaining about how much you spend on her. You took it as a personal challenge to put the biggest smile possible on Weiss' face.

Around 5:00 in the evening you slip into your fine black tux, securing the bowtie around your neck. Making your way to Team RWBY's dorm, you knock on the door. Ruby answers and gives you a quick hug, dragging you inside.

"Weiss, your boyfriend's here." She says excitedly.

"Hey Snowflake." You say, giving her a one-armed hug and kissing her on the forehead. "You ready?"

"Mmhmm." She nods. "Just let me grab my shoes."

"Wait." You stop her. "You weren't planning on going out in that, were you?" You ask, indicating her clothes.

"What's wrong with this?" She asks, looking in the mirror, examining herself in her usual attire.

"Weiss," You laugh, "it's Valentine's Day. Come on." You play whine. "I got dressed up and everything."

Weiss gives an exasperated huff and moves to the closet. "How's this?" She asks, holding up a dark blue dress which gradually becomes lighter higher up.

"Mmm, nu-uh." You shake your head.

"What?" She asks in shock. "What's wrong with this dress?"

"I don't know." You say thoughtfully. "It's just too, casual." You join her at her closet and riffle through her wardrobe. "Nope. No. No. Nu-uh." You say as you move hangers around.

"(F/N), you've gone through my entire wardrobe. You have to choose something in there."

"Nah." You shake your head. "I thought this might happen, so I brought this."