Chapter VII: First I Love You

Third Person POV:

The bullhead closed on Weiss right before she could reach (F/N). As the hanger doors sealed shut, she caught a glimpse of (F/N)'s tear stained face. Running back towards the dormitories, she enters her room to find Neptune fully dressed and sitting on her bed.

"That was uncomfortable." He says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Get out." Weiss says without looking at him.

"What?"

"Get out!"

Neptune jumps to his feet and scampers out the door which Weiss slams and locks behind him. Walking over to the bouquet of roses on the ground, she picks it up and sits on her bed, clutching the flowers to her chest as tears roll down her face.

"Oh God." She quietly cries. "What have I done."

She wants, no, she needs to talk to (F/N). And do what? She asks herself. Explain what happened? There's no explaining what I did. No justifying it. The best I can do is call him and beg his forgiveness. Reaching for her nightstand, she grabs her scroll and opens it. She's about to call (F/N) when she sees a notification for a voicemail. Didn't (F/N) say he called? Going to her inbox, she listens to the message (F/N) left just minutes ago.

"Hey Weiss." (F/N) says. "I uh, I wanted to apologize for not being able to be there for you lately. You know this whole advanced huntsman training program has been keeping me away a lot and because of that I've missed a lot of important dates. I know I haven't been the best boyfriend recently, but I'm gonna make things right. It's taken me longer than it should have, but I've decided that you're the most important thing in my life. It's just, I miss the people we used to be, you know? I miss eating lunch together under the shade of the cherry blossom tree. I miss skipping class to dip our feet in the lake." More tears fall from her eyes and stain her skirt.

"And I know it's too late to get back the time we've lost, but I've been thinking about my future, our future. So, I'm quitting the advanced path. I've already informed Ozpin of my decision. He didn't seem too pleased, but Beacon, becoming a huntsman, it doesn't matter. Nothing matters if I can't have you by my side."

Weiss releases a small whimper of pain when she discovers that (F/N) was going to give up on his dreams for her. She can hear his voice in her head right now.

"I'm not giving up on my dreams." He would say. "My dreams have just changed, that's all. A life, here, with you. That's my dream now."

"I'm on my way back to Beacon right now, and I wanted to know if... well, I'll ask when I see you, but I hope you say yes. I'm just about to land, so I'll uh, I'll see you soon alright?"

Weiss stops crying at these last few words, somewhat confused. What did her want to ask? She wonders. That's when she notices the glistening coming from the middle bundle of roses. Holding them away from her chest, she examines them more closely. Sitting within the petals of the center rose is a small diamond ring.

"I love you Snowflake." ________________________________________________________________________________
"Hey Weiss!" (F/N) calls after his girlfriend.

Weiss and (F/N) share the last class of the day together. Usually they wait for each other to gather their things and walk back to the dorm rooms together. Today however, Weiss had quickly packed up her things and rushed out of the room, leaving (F/N) behind.

"Weiss!" (F/N) shouts, fighting his way through the crowd. Finally managing to catch up to her, (F/N) grabs her arm and turns her around. "Weiss. What's going on. You haven't talked to me in two days. Did I do something wrong?"