Chapter IX: First Hello/Last Goodbye

Content Warning: The following chapter contains graphic depictions of one or all of the following; abuse, rape, self-harm, drug addiction, and suicide. Those who suffer from depression or who do not desire to read depictions one or all of the above-mentioned topics should not read any further. If you have ever committed or experienced the desire to commit self-harm or suicide, please seek immediate professional help.

Reader's POV:

"Goodbye Weiss."

You hang up and let your arm fall lazily to your side, your hand landing with a thud next to an empty bottle. You were tired. You wanted nothing more than to sleep, because you can't feel the pain when you're asleep. It's like when you're sick. You feel like shit all day, but when you're asleep you can't feel it. You just want to sleep through the pain. That's why you took all those sleeping pills; to fall asleep, and hopefully, to never wake up to the pain again.

Your eyelids feel heavier and they begin to droop. They're almost closed when you see a sudden piercing glimmer in the distance, like the sun reflecting off a piece of glass. With great effort, you open your eyes to see what it is. The light starts to grow larger and larger, like it's getting closer. You swear you can see someone moving, a figure walking towards you.

"Mom?" You ask.

Your mother smiles at you and nods her head. She kneels down in front of you and you hug her close, tears staining her shirt.

"I've missed you sweetie." She says, gently rubbing your back. "Your father's on his way."

"Dad's here too?"

You look up from your mother's shirt and see another figure getting bigger as it approaches. It's not long before your father stands before you. He died when you were just seven years old, but he looks the same as he did in your old photos, like he hasn't aged a single day. If anything, he looks younger. So does your mother.

"What are you doing here?" You ask, wiping the tears from your eyes.

"We're here to take you home." Your mother answers, standing next to your father.

"Home?"

"That's right son." Your dad says, extending his hand down towards you. "Come on, let's go."

You take your father's hand and he helps you up to your feet. You're surprised to find you only stand as tall as your parents' legs. Looking down, you see you're a child again. It's a strange sensation, to have a twenty-one-year-old brain inside a ten-year-old body. You take one last look at the room around you, eyes landing on the picture of you and Weiss.

"You don't have to come, if you don't want to." Your mother says gently.

"No." You shake your head, tearing your eyes away from Weiss and looking up at your mom and dad. "No, it's okay. I'm tired. I want to go home."

Your parents smile and your father bends down and hugs you. Picking you up in his arms, your father takes your mother's hand and carries you into the light. You take one last look over your dad's shoulder at the empty bottles surrounding your body. You bury your face in your dad's chest as he carries you away and into the next life.

____________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, watch where you're going!"

You look up from the ground to see a very irritated, very pretty girl glaring down at you, arms crossed over her chest. You look around to see one of her many suitcases lying on the ground next to you. You appear to have tripped over it.

"Sorry." You say, jumping to your feet and dusting yourself off. "Don't leave all your stuff in the middle of the courtyard maybe."

"Excuse me!" She says affronted.