Leaving Promise

Adam: This is a short cut in of the other author's (my friend) character. I know this is in the middle of nowhere but I didn't know where I could fit her in so... here is her small backstory!

Evelyn's POV

Warmth. Not sizzling in a dessert or a cool breeze of warmth. It was warm. That warmth that you feel when your bathed in the sunlight. It's neither too much or too less. A blanket wrapped around your body that lures you to sleep.

I open my eyes slightly to see the leaves above whispering. Feeling the soft tickles of the blades of grass I laid on. The calm blue sky filled with smears of white clouds appearing as a painting from many pictures. The scent carried by the gentle wind held a hint of freshly made bread.

There was a town... well, city nearby. Surprisingly I couldn't hear the normal bustling town from out here, not that it mattered... I sat up looking down at the mass field of blooming yellow tulips. They swayed back and forth, their own leaves at their stems seemed like they were holding hands and too were enjoying the clear day. It was mesmerizing. Like...

The sound children giggling broke my thoughts. I glanced over to where there was a group of five running about laughing. The smile and light in their eyes were so innocent. Something I wish I could still have...

I stood up. There's no reason for me to linger here anymore, not when there's company around. Tugging the hood over my face I heard a gasp then voices directed to where I am.

"Be careful! That person looks scary!"

"Don't go around pointing them out! Leave them be."

Being cautious. That's good. I smiled with a sigh. Having one last look upon the field of gold before turning and heading into the woods.

--------------

The forest, as far as I was able to pick up, hadn't had a single human visitor since. The clean air unpolluted from their smell. The trees that grew at their own rates and sizes. There was no interference from the outside world, and that was something to be grateful for.

I sat myself down before the stone. Covered in vines and moss, its grey tone stood out, the only color out of this green terrain.

"I'm back."

I looked above seeing peeks of the sun rays pouring in. Beams of transparent light created curtains in this place.

"You should've seen the meadow today. The tulips are in full bloom like every spring year. Even the sun came out."

Gold. Such a rich color. Who knew it would hold so much of a meaning to me...

"Ah yes! There were children there as well. Five of them. They were so full of life..."

Their carefree laughs. Those smiles that were of pureness. The glow in their eyes.

"Y'know..."

A gentle blow of wind came by, moving the leaves the slightest. I closed my eyes.

"I... may have to leave you... for awhile that is..."

Yes. Just awhile. There's something that has been on my mind.

"I promise I'll come back. So don't..."

I took a breath, opening my eyes and having my attention on the stone, surrounded by the golden tulips. The very tulips I planted for him.

"Don't think I'm abandoning you, okay? I promise. I'll come back..."

Just like you always promised me. You said you'll come back and you never lied. Now...

"This time... for sure."

Placing my hand on the stone, with a faint smile, I whispered.

"Wait for me."

-------------

That forest was my only home. The only place I knew. Never once had I ventured out into the world, not too far the least, so this was both frightening and exciting. I turned for another look at the woods. This isn't my last time but I want to remember before I leave on my path.

The memories here. The critters I made friends with. The only family I had now slept forever... I have to do this. I have to leave. Nodding to myself I took my steps and onward to the world.

~( •○• )~~( •¤• )~~( •▪• )~

Greetings wandering Reader!
Well... not wandering seeing as you came this far hehe ( -  -;)

I am BlanketSun and this chapter is my part of the story. I know it's short. ( owo )/

And I won't be doing much show up with my character Evelyn because of school life *sigh*

Uh... cya! ~( •○•)~