Chapter 1

* TWENTY-TWO YEARS LATER *

Selena POV

I take out the mop from the bucket, smashing it on the floor, moving it around in every corner as the shine starts to appear around the dirty tiles. I stop for a second, letting out a breath of exhaustion as I wipe my sweaty forehead with the back of my hand.

I hear the front door open, making me gasp and immediately mop the floor, making it seem like I was working, before I hear the clashing sound of her high heels, walk closer to where I was.

"HEY!"

I look up, moving strands of my hair away from my face as my brown eyes stare at the woman with bright red lipstick and dark eye shadow. She had long black hair wrapped in a messy bun, and a body as if she were a model. Not to mention her clothing, she was wearing a tight short red dress, fishnet leggings, black high inch heels and a white puffy fur coat.

"Hey brat, did you do the laundry like I told you?"

"Y-Yes, I did"

"Good, I'm working till 4am tonight. There are plenty of unsatisfied men with loads of cash to be spent on me" she said after taking out a cigarette from her bra. She even takes out a lighter, lighting the cigarette in between her red lips and takes a deep inhale before letting the smoke escape from her lips.

"Do I need to order take out again?"

"No, there's leftover fish at the stove. That's if, the rats or roaches haven't already ate it again" she chuckles, playing with the cigarette in her fingers as I sighed and shook my head.

"I'll just order take out again"

"Hey, don't act like I don't be feeding you alright?"

"You hardly ever feed me at all"

"Watch your mouth, smartass. Don't make me get the board like I always do" she threatens, cocking an eyebrow at me with her index finger pointing at me.

"Remember that I'm all you got kid. If I haven't have adopted you, you would of been done at that orphanage or been died at that storm"

"I prefer being died than being your slave"

"And so did your real mother, no wonder those people at the orphanage found you under that storm" she smirks, applying more lipstick onto her lips.

Great, use a personal comment of my life to insult me with.

"Well I'm off, don't wait up!" she shouts out to me before turning away towards the door, leaving me alone at home like always.

I groaned to myself, slamming the mop back in the bucket and shook my head at the unfitting woman I call my 'adoptive mother'.

I knew I shouldn't have gone to her as soon as she laid her baggy eyes on me. All she does is wait at the corner, waiting for her next prey to take them to a motel and do her business for their money.

Not even half of that money goes to me, it all goes to her stupid drugs and alcohol.

And to think I'm stuck with her name. Gomez.

So apparently, my name's Selena Gomez.

I've been adopted and raised by my adoptive mother, Coleen, who happens to work as a prostitute on drugs and alcohol all the time. Apparently, she only adopted me to do her errands and chores for her so she could be out on the streets to fuck men for their money.

Not once has she ever spent a dime on me. I would steal from her chest box here and there but I would usually find money on the streets.

I also know my way on the streets. Considering, I was basically left in one.

But I'm for sure its not spreading my legs to any random stranger.

I'm 22 now, I just turned a month ago. But my physical features are as if I was 18. I never had friends, dated, or lived during my teen years like any other teenage girl would, do for the reason of my past. It doesn't affect me much, but it wouldn't hurt to just have one friend.

"Fuck this, I'm getting food" I dropped the mop to the side, snatching my apron off before throwing it on the ground as I made my why into Coleen's room.

I walk towards her drawer, opening it before scavenging inside it, taking out her chest box and opening as I take out a $20 dollar bill.

I'm not about to starve on rat infested shit.

====================

I eat the Chinese pork off my chopsticks, walking around at the park at the old dangerous streets of New Jersey. There are drug dealers, pimps, rapists, gangs, you name it.

You have to be be raised here to survive these streets.

I look to side at a small park, watching little kids run around the area with giggles and smiles on their faces. A few sliding down the slide, swinging on the swings, but most were just running.

One child happened to catch my eye, a little girl running around as her mother playfully chased her before catching her and laughing together while tickling her sides.

Something I never had.

I sighed, looking down at my white carton filled with Chinese pork and noodles before continuing my steps towards my old broken up shit, I call, my home. After arriving, I threw the carton in the metal trash before making my way inside.

But what I didn't expect was my hair about to be pulled inside by the red lipped woman.

"Where the fuck you've been?! You were suppose to eat the leftover fish on the stove you stupid bitch!" Coleen clenches her teeth, tightening her fake nails into my scalp as I wince of pain and shook my head.

"I said I was getting takeout!"

"WITH MY MONEY?!"

"Well what other money is there? Considering all you spend it on is to be the slutty whore you are!"

She throws me on the ground, kicking me with her high inched heels in my stomach as I winced, gasping for air as she spits on my face and smirks.

"I got work for you tomorrow sweetheart, I know you'll like it just as much as I do"

I slowly look up at her, clutching on my stomach as I glare at her but all she does was chuckle like the rest of the moments like this one.

"Sleep tight, goodnight" she waves, making her way out of the room as I slowly try sitting up with the pain running throughout my body.

This is my life.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A new Harlena story!

I thought since my comeback, why not start with a new story of the most popular ships I'm known for writing about! 😄

Just know, there will be many disappointing parts throughout the story so if you don't seem to excited about it, don't read it.

So what do you guys think of the story so far?

Have any guess on what it's going to be about?

Especially since the title says 'Aiden'?

What will happen next?

TELL ME AT THE COMMENTS!

So what did you guys think? 😊

Please comment, vote, & follow.

- DAMARI 😜

Thanks you guys, for still sticking with me during everything that's been happening with me and my family.

I love you all, and never forget that ❤

*Also I apologize if you can't see the emojions I put lol bye!