Chapter 3

Selena POV

I pick up the scissors from the counter, flipping my hair over my chest as I nervously begin to chop off a few strands.

"You can do this. You're brave enough, you can do this......"

Whispering things to myself gave me more courage to chop off a few more strands until I was completely satisfied with its length, which was now halfway down my waist.

I quickly look in the plastic bag from the dollar store, taking out a box of hair dye and examining it. I look up at the musty bathroom mirror, running my fingers through my dull dark brown hair before letting out a shaky breath and nodding courageously.

You can do this. You're brave enough, you can do this......

===================

Making my way down the steps, the cab waited outside as I push some money down my pocket of my worn out brown coat I found at the home shelter.

Running my fingers through my now, blondish highlighted-ombre hair, I step inside the cab after opening it and shutting the door.

"where to?" the cab driver asks, looking over his shoulder as I shrugged.

"anywhere, as long as I'm out of New Jersey"

* SLAM *

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!" Coleen slams angrily against the window, trying to open the door before I act quickly, trying to hold the door from opening.

"GET OUT!!! OUT NOW, I'M NOT FUCKING AROUND!!!!"

* HONK HONK *

"Get away from the cab lady!" the cab driver honks repeatedly, bystanders now watching as Coleen was causing a scene.

"GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!!" she growls, punching the window while still trying to get the door to open.

"Step on it!" I shouted, which the cab driver took no time into hitting his foot onto the petal, making the car speed off as Coleen trips over and falls onto the muddy concrete floor.

I look back through the window, watching her stand up and throwing her purse at the cab.

"YOU'LL BE BACK! YOU'LL SEE!"

That was the last thing I heard from her before watching her figure get smaller and smaller, until I couldn't see her anymore, now knowing I was finally away.

I sighed of relief, sinking myself into the leather seat while laying my head back and closing my eyes.

That's one thing completed to start this journey....

=====================

Eleanor POV

"Good morning Eleanor"

"Good morning"

I smiled at a passing by employee, my heels clashing onto the hard white polished floors, holding a file folder in my hand while making my way to the CEO office. Not to mention, my fiancé.

I open the door to his office which I walk into one of his phone conversations involving the company again.

"And I want those to ship first thing tomorrow, understand me?.....Yes I expect that from you....yes..."

* KNOCK KNOCK *

"Knock, knock" I smirked, catching the attention of the brown chestnut haired boy, looking away from his files on his desk before seeing his blue eyes sparkle at the sight of me.