~chapter 3♡

CHAPTER 3: MISSION

Shane's P.O.V

I follow the man around, unaware of where he is taking me too. Well, is Mr Grey advices me to trust him, I don't think that I have any other choice. He is an old man, probably in his late forties. He is wearing a suit and somehow looks like Mr Grey. It might probably be a relative of his.

"Here we are miss. You may go in." He motioned towards the partly open door.

I look at him and then back at the door. I opened the door, revealing a familiar figure along with a woman. I examine each of them. I recall seeing her in the website of the Diamond Rich Company. She is probably the wife of Mr Grey, making her the richest businesswoman of the country. She gave her husband a peck on the lips and politely excused herself before exiting the room.

"You came. Have a seat please, Miss Kelly."

I did as I was told and waiting.

His gaze was fixed on me which made me uncomfortable. I cleared my throat, breaking the awkward silence.

"Well, I believe that your mission starts today. Later in the evening I want you to give me a detailed report of the school you attend and of its students. Of course, there are at least 600 students there and it will be difficult for you to know exactly who the culprit is. So, the best thing to do might be to have a record of all students sneaking out at night. That's the tough part and I hope that you will figure out a way to solve everything. For now, I wish that you sneak into the museum of Belladore. I believe that the thief will try to steal the Atlantis diamond. Any question?" Mr Grey said before I could even process anything in my mind.

"Ummm...not really. But if I understand correctly, I have to act as a thief, by getting in and hiding and waiting for the robbery, and there will be no one there to assist me or help me in any way?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah that's it. Don't worry, if a guard finds you, I will personally make sure to come bail you out of prison. But of course try not to get caught."

"Whatttttt, I might end up in prison? How can you be so calm about this!?" İ freaked out.

.............

I can't believe I have to do this. I internally cried at the thought of being caught. But Mr Grey did trust me with this and I won't deceive him. The museum was crowded and would be closing it's door in fifteen minutes. So, that was the much time I had to figure out how to hide in without being noticed. According to Mr Grey, the thief would most likely wait for the museum to be closed to break in.

There was at least ten cameras in a single room. Tho access to the monitor room wouldn't be difficult for a professional. There it was, the Atlantis diamond, with a net worth of 50 million dollars. It was so beautiful and enchanting. It was a rare dark red colour. It was well kept in a glass container. But not any simple glass container. If anything touched the glass surrounding the diamond, an electric discharge would be sent. One high enough to kill someone. And if any material was pressed against the glass itself, an alarm would go off. So it was impossible to break it.

Fifteen minutes were gone and the guards started motioning everyone outside. I had to quickly think of something. I then finally came up with something. I recalled seeing a man coming out of the room which has all the cleaning stuff, so it was probably empty and I could get in to wait and plan a way to catch the thief.

Unfortunately, I was already out because the guards were pushing people out. They tried to make sure no one remained inside which is quite obvious why.

Damn it.... now I have to get inside like a thief.

Well, I'll have to plan something fast now.

End of chapter.

***** for all those wondering
Shane is a boy in the school she attends, but when she is outside or in mission, she removes her wig and is a girl. Only in the school she is a boy