~chapter 4♡

CHAPTER 3: BECOMING HIS PARTNER IN CRIME

Shane's P.O.V

I go to the back of the museum in a corner and quickly undress. There's was no way the mission was going to be successful if I had to break into the museum in casual dress and high heels. I put on a black unitard and tied my hair in a high ponytail. I put on a pair of weird looking shoes. These shoes were really quiet, well, that's what Mr Grey told me at the very least.

I put my dress in my bag and as planned, I put everything in a small dustbin which had the words ' DRC bins ' on it. My Grey had told me to leave everything I wouldn't need in it and take it back later.

I look at the unbreakable art museum and dig out my brain for ways to break in.

After much struggle, I finally was able to get the back door open.

I was finally in. All that was left now was to hide and catch the thief. Easier said than done.

I made a step forward and then stopped midway when u heard steps coming closer. I was in an impasse. I was stuck in the corridor. I looked around me for a place to hide. The steps came closer.

But then, a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and dragged me out of the corridor into a small room plunged into darkness. I knew for sure that one of the officers had caught me.

I would be going to jail...I cried internally.

But then, the words that came out of the unknown man's mouth took me by surprise.

"So, you are also here to steal?" He asked. His voice sounded like the voice of a teenager the same age as me.

"Also?" I asked raising an eyebrow in confusion.

Oh....no way... the boy who was holding my waist and saved me right now was the thief!

If I told him that I was actually waiting for him because I'm a secret agent and I want to catch him, he would most probably kill me on the spot... lol.. kidding. Well, at least he would give me to the authorities or might use me to obtain ransom or might kidnap me to sell my organs in a black market.

"You wanna help me steal the Atlantis diamond and get out?" He whispered softly. His voice was so soft that I had difficulty imagining him as the bad guy.

But when I thought about it, what better way was there to find out who the thief was and what his motive was. Maybe if I could earn his trust, I would succeed in my mission.

"I'm here to steal the Atlantis Diamond. If you also want the same thing, we could team up, maybe." I replied with confidence.

He seemed thoughtful and soon released his grasp from my waist and I turned to face him. I couldn't see his face though because he was wearing a black mask and only his eyes were exposed. Despite total darkness engulfed us, I could still see his ocean blue eyes. His eyes mesmerized me. Unlike me who had usual dark brown eyes, his were a rare blue colour along with a mixture of green in them.

"Ok let's team up, this would help us get out easily." He said.

Looking more at him, I realize that his eyes felt so familiar but couldn't quite put a finger on where I've seen him.

Of course I've must have seen him since he goes to the same school as me.

I just have to figure out his name and then I could search him in the school's student info.

"Might I Aşk you your name?" I asked.

"...." he seemed to hesitate a bit.

I was already expecting him to give me a fake name because seriously, no thief would reveal their real identity, especially to a stranger like me.

"Jack."

"Well, nice to meet you Jack. My name is.... Alya." I lied.

He obviously didn't believe it. He knew better not to give real names and if he was intelligent enough to hack the system, no wonder he would be able to read my mind.

"Well, let's steal it...." I said and he nodded in approval.