distract

Seokjin managed to get Namjoon and his little smile to the back of his mind fairly quickly by reminding himself of  the promise whenever the blonde crossed his thoughts.  He was soon back to normal; laughing at the jokes his friends made in lessons and telling a few himself. Namjoon was still there in his head like a shadow, but Jin didn't dwell on it too much.

At lunch, the group headed to the back of the school, which was relatively quiet. They often came here when it was sunny to get away from the crowds of unpleasant pupils that filled every single other area. The only people that came to this place were "nerds" and sat alone reading books or listening to music. The friends collapsed down under the trees that were older than the school building and began to chatter, free from judgement.

"I hate that maths teacher." Jimin commented. Those that shared this class: Jungkook, Sooyoung, and Irene, groaned in agreement.
"I know! Who sets that much homework?!"

Seokjin smiled at the sound of his friends talking happily as he stared at the clouds. He was leant up against a particularly large tree, and didn't have to tilt his head all that much to see the cornflower blue. He snapped back into reality as Irene started talking about her latest crush.

"He's just so gorgeous!"

The others laughed and mocked her tone, dripping with sweetness and adoration. Jin shushed them. He was always protective over his friends.

"Who is it?"
"He's called Dowoon..." Irene looked around nervously before she spoke, so Jin assumed that she saw him quite often.

Seokjin just nodded with a smirk instead of saying somwthing about "shooting her shot" like he usually would. He talked to the boy occasionally in class. He was pretty good looking.

Once the group had finished making fun of poor Irene, they turned to Jin. Their faces held cheeky smiles which made him frown, worried about what they would come out with.

"So.... made a move on Namjoon yet?" Seokjin blushed furiously at this question from Sooyoung.
"What?! I hate Namjoon," Jimin rolled his eyes.
"Of course you do. We all stare at people we hate like this-" he cut himself off and began to make exaggerated love-sick expressions, making Jin turn even pinker.
"Stop!!"

This was not good. He had just gotten the blonde out of his mind and now this had happened. He couldn't keep up his promise to himself much longer if this continued. Jin rolled his eyes to try amd play it cool and pointedly zoned out of the conversation. He was, of course, thinking about Namjoon now. Damn those little dimples...

Namjoon himself was doing much worse than the other. He had been unable to get the moment out of his thoughts, especially since he wasn't that interested in lessons and his friends talked of nothing compelling. Their conversations were usually about who they were going to beat up next, dissing innocent people, or girls. His friends were obsessed with girls and Namjoon's lack of interest certainly didn't go unnoticed. He chewed his pen as he looked out of the window, wishing for this detention to be over already.

His eyes widened when they fell upon a group sat out by the old trees, Seokjin being one of them. This was absolutely what he didn't need. Seeing the boy all happy, laughing freely, was irritating him somehow. Then Jin started blushing and looking a bit embarrassed, turning away from the group and fiddling with his sleeve. He looked like he was thinking about something, or someone, jugding by the pink still on his face. Namjoon's heart melted, much to his distaste. He was acting really gay right now. And he absolutely was not gay.

In actuality, Namjoon was gay. He had always known that he liked boys, but he had also always known that it was wrong. His parents had raised him very strictly in that respect, always talking with disgust about lgbt people. Namjoon knew that if he admitted his sexuality he would be disowned from his family and his group of friends, so he did the only thing he thought he could - he tried to force himself in the opposite direction. He refrained from doing anything that his parents would consider wrong regarding sexuality, and pretended to be homophobic alongside his friends. He hated it. It tore him up inside when all he wanted to do was be happy and not worry about this pointless shit.

Namjoon sighed and glanced at the clock. Only a few minutes left. He laid his head on the desk and waited it out impatiently. School was pretty tiring when you had to constantly pretend to be the opposite of who you were.

Outside, Hoseok was still prodding at Jin about his assumed crush, making the older very frustrated.
"Hobi! I don't like him. He's trouble. Also, he's way out of my league." Hoseok giggled.
"He might be a nice guy underneath. Have a good long think Jinnie!"

He strode away, still laughing, to his next class. Jin sighed loudly. He didn't want to come to terms with his crush, because then it would become noticable and then Namjoon would notice and then he would get beaten up again and then-

The bell rang to interrupt his panicked thoughts. Jimin appeared next to him and dragged him through the door to geography and into their regular seats, luckily being a lot more sensitive than the others and not pestering Jin any more.

Seokjin welcomed the idea of a lesson. It would distract him nicely, and he couldn't stare at Namjoon as he was far behind the older. His beautiful broad shoulders and soft hair did draw attention, but not as much as his face, which was good news for Jin right now.

The normal, peaceful lesson that he wanted didn't come. What came instead was his worst nightmare.