shy

Not even a week later, Jungkook had found Yoongi's Instagram and sent him a message asking to meet up again - after days of stalking and worrying about whether or not it was acceptable to follow him, of course. Yoongi, who had been doing something similar, was delighted to get the notification and almost squealed out loud. He hadn't expected it as Jungkook seemed pretty reserved, and from what Namjoon told him, very shy. It didn't even look like he was that interested in social media; he had a private account, with only one post (him and Jimin pulling funny faces) and a handful of followers.

But nonetheless, he made the first move, as Yoongi discovered when his phone buzzed casually one afternoon.

jeon.jungkookie has started following you.

And then, not even five minutes later:

jeon.jungkookie has sent you a message.

Fast forward through a whole load of semi-flirty messages and the occasional video chat, they were sat in a milkshake shop together as the sun began to reach its peak in the sky. They had been chatting comfortably for a while now. Jungkook had got through his shyness that came from being around new people surprisingly quickly with Yoongi, but neither of them was complaining.

A short silence fell on them as Yoongi sipped some drink through his straw and Jungkook watched, chin resting in the palm of his hand. Yoongi looked back up to see the younger staring at him and raised one eyebrow, a silent question. Jungkook giggled and leant back a little.

"Hyung, can I ask you a favour?" Yoongi withdrew from his milkshake and frowned a little.
"Of course. You're not in trouble, are you?"
"No! No, it's just... I need some help with something."

A few seconds passed as Yoongi studied his face - Jungkook seemed fine - and then nodded.

"Okay, so," Jungkook laid his hands flat on the table. "You know how Jin and Namjoon aren't really talking? And they're both literally pining for each other?"
"Yeah...."

Yoongi tried not to smile fondly as he gazed on the concentrated frown on Jungkook's face. He was always worried about other people. Yoongi covered one of his hands with his own, and they shared a brief smile before the younger continued.

"Jin wants to do something big for Namjoon. To win him over or whatever. And... we've got a really good plan, but we'll need your help to get him involved."

"Oh. Of course, that should be easy." Jungkook grinned in response and flipped his hand underneath Yoongi's so that he could intertwine their fingers.
"What did you think I was going to ask?"
"I don't know, just something that I wouldn't want to do. What do you need me to do, anyway?"

-----

Yoongi: hey Joon, wanna meet up later? Just to chat and stuff

Namjoon blinked himself awake as he felt a vibration on his face. When his eyes finally opened, he saw that it was just past midday, and he must've fallen asleep while on his phone - it was lying across his face, still open on a random YouTube video. He hadn't slept very well at all last night. He was too busy thinking of how he could approach Seokjin and talk to him, and maybe get back to some kind of normality.

The text from Yoongi made him smile a little. It would be good to get out of the house for a bit and talk things over. Yoongi was always strangely wise for his age, so he must have some kind of idea.

Namjoon: yeah sure. Where and when?

Yoongi: nice. Taehyung's, 8pm?