caught

Sunday passed in a similar fashion to Saturday, and before anyone could even fully acknowledge the weekend's arrival, it had gone again. Namjoon and Seokjin were currently rushing to get ready for school after they had stayed in bed for "five more minutes" at the alarm and overslept.

"Jin! Where the fuck did I put my blazer?!" Namjoon called out from the bathroom. Jin ran past and tossed the garment in on his way to grab some breakfast. It hit the taller in the face and he grunted before putting it on properly.

He went downstairs to find Jin stocking up his bag with cereal bars.
"There's no time for breakfast!" Was the reply prompted by Namjoon's questioning look.
"But- whatever. Let's just go."

The boys rushed out of the front door, cold wind slapping them harshly. It blew back their hair and painted their noses red as Jin fumbled for the key in his icy fingers. Namjoon jumped up and down behind his to warm up as he waited. The door was eventually locked and Jin spun around to be greeted with a smiling Namjoon.

"Can we start walking now? I'm freezing my ass off," The younger's voice came out a little strained with the cold. Seokjin just smiled and took his hand. He lead Namjoon for a few paces until they fell into step together, fingers interlocking.

Everything was fine until they reached a busier street where other school students were walking alongside them. Jin noticed Namjoon's grip on his hand loosening, but every time he glanced up at the boy questioningly, he simply smiled, albeit a little nervously. The closer they got to school, the more shifty Namjoon got. After a while, he hardly even looked at Jin.

When they came within site of the school gates, Namjoon dropped his hand completely and lowered his head as he strode away and out of sight into the building. Seokjin stood rooted to the spot, biting back tears. Everything had been going so well, and he had started to class his doubts about Namjoon's feelings for him as just silly 'what if's. But here he was, overthinking everything again. It didn't help that they had to go back to the same house now. He hurridly wiped a tear that had escaped and fallen down his cheek before he rushed into school himself just as the bell rang.

He sank down into his regular seat in his form room, towards the front of the room sandwiched between Jimin and Irene. The latter had texted the little friend group earlier to say that she was ill, so it was just him and Jimin.

Jimin was late that day, and rushed in to a pointed look from the teacher.
"Hey!" He began to chatter away as he sat down and removed his scarf, until he took a proper look at Jin's face. The older looked shocked, and his eyes looked watery and a little red as if he had been crying. This was unusual of Jin, who always put on a brave face for his friends.

Jimin frowned and one of his small hands came to rest on Jin's shoulder.
"Hyung? What's wrong?" Despite the subdued whisper he had to speak in, concern and sympathy rang loudly in his voice.

Jin sighed and pushed his hair back.
"It's Namjoon..." Jimin scowled instantly.
"I knew he was no good. If he hurts you, I swear-"
"No, no! It's just... he came out to his parents." Jimin's eyebrows raised in surprised approval. "And they kicked him out. Told him not to come back for a week. So he's staying at mine, and it's been so great, honestly Chim." There was a smile on Jin's face despite himself, which made the younger a little less concerned. Seokjin went on about how amazing Namjoon was for quite a while; how handsome he was, how strong, how comforting. He didn't stop until Jimin started giggling and he blushed a little.

"Um. So, anyway. It was all going fine. And then this morning, we were walking to school. We got to the gates and he just walked off like he didn't know me,"

Jimin frowned at this, his blue hair falling into his eyes.
"I'm not sure if he actually means any of this anymore. I'm just so worried." Jin went on, fiddling with his sleeve as he spoke.

"Jin...." he gave the other a hug, patting his back reassuringly.
"Talk to him later. And if he's being a douche, I will kill him." Jin grinned at his friend's protective loyalty. It felt nice to know that he had a group of people who would always be there for him, and he thought more about this as the teacher silenced everyone to take the register.

If Namjoon was faking this whole thing by some chance, he could probably go home as he would've faked the coming out too. But if he hadn't, and it was only liking Jin that was made up, that made things a lot harder. He couldn't kick him out of the house knowing that he had nowhere to go, especially when he had feelings for him. Jin gazed out of the window, which was foggy with condensation, and across the frosty sports fields. How had he got himself into this situation? It had only been a couple of months since his arrival in Seoul and already Seokjin had got involved with a clear troublemaker. He had absolutely no clue what was going on here; his hopes were that all the events that had taken place since he had met Namjoon were genuine, but his gut instinct told him the exact opposite.

The boy sat, caught in his thoughts, until the bell rang to indicate the start of first lesson and snapped him sharply out of his daze. Jimin stood beside him with his bag hanging over one shoulder, phone in his hand, and a delicate look of concern on his face. He smiled when Jin stood and put an arm around his shoulder as they entered the bustling corridors.

"You know, you're worth so much more than how Namjoon's been treating you. There's loads of people in this school who I've seen looking at you, and you'd have no trouble finding someone." He spoke matter-of-factly, his voice dipped to prevent randomers from listening in.

"I know that it's bad but... I just really like him, Jimin. I wish I didn't, but I do." The shorter boy pulled him into their classroom with a sigh. They got settled at their desk before quietly continuing the conversation.

"You can't help liking someone. But I'm telling you, he better not hurt you anymore. You don't deserve that at all," Seokjin grinned over at his friend, who had a pinkish tint over his cheeks. He got pretty fired up when it came to protecting his friends. The hum of chatter among the students in the room silenced as the teacher walked in, and both Jin and Jimin turned their attention to the lesson.