kiss me

"How could they do this?"

Namjoon repeated for the millionth time since he had dropped to Seokjin's side. The other just lay, hardly able to feel Namjoon's delicate touch on his skin, something which he usually would've savoured every moment of. The fingertips tracing lightly over his injuries didn't send sparks through Jin's body like normal; he felt almost completely numb.

Eventually, Namjoon scooped Jin up and carried him to the nurse, walking slow to protect him. Jin huddled into his warmth. Both were loving this closeness despite the situation.

The nurse gasped when she saw Jin and heard the story, told in fragments from what Jin could stutter out and what Namjoon saw. Of course it was those boys again. She was suspicious of Namjoon; why would one of the gang bring him in?

Jin shook his head.
"Namjoon's different." The nurse just nodded and started tending to Jin's injuries.

"Mr Kim, could you leave the room please? I like to assess students privately." Namjoon nodded and smiled at the boy before exiting.

The nurse spent quite a while cleaning the blood off Jin's face and applying cream to the worst bruises on his ribs. She faced him solemly when she was done and Jin was sat on the examining bed looking a lot more comfortable now that he had recovered a little.

"I will be reporting those two boys. This is the second time they've hurt you. Are you sure about Namjoon being excluded from it?" Jin nodded.
"Yeah. He saved me." The nurse studied his face and smiled when she was reassured.
"Okay. Off you go then, straight home please."

Namjoon was sat in a waiting chair outside the nurse's office, bouncing his leg in anxiety for Jin. He stood up too fast as he saw the older, and nearly knocked his chair over.
"You okay?" Jin smiled.
"I'm fine. I have to go home though," Namjoon put an arm around Jin's shoulders.
"I'm coming."

Jin blushed and accepted Namjoon's statement wordlessly. They walked home in silence except for Namjoon's regular checks that Jin was okay. Seokjin's heart raced at Namjoon being so caring. It was amazing to see him without his facade of being emotionless and cruel.

They got to Jin's house, which was empty, and Namjoon pushed him up to his room despite Jin's cries that he was fine. They sat on the bed, Namjoon looking a little awkward.

"Look, Jin. I'm so sorry about them. They're not my friends, not really. I want to be different." Seokjin smiled and took Namjoon's hand with a spurt of bravery.
"I'll support you in anything you do, Joon." Namjoon's cheeks tickled with pink and he loojed away to hide it.

"Jin?"
"Yes, Joon?" He sighed and looked back up at the bruised boy.
"I'm sorry I tried to kiss you. I know that it was random and you'd never like me back anyway and-"
"I stopped you because I was scared of something like this." Namjoon gazed into Jin's eyes as the latter spoke.
"I don't want you to be afraid anymore. I want to be me. I want to be free of those fucking dickheads I call friends and be myself."

Seokjin wiped away Namjoon's tears before the blonde even registered them falling.

"What about your parents?"

Namjoon groaned.

"They're gonna kill me." Jin patted his shoulder.
"You can stay with me until they sort themselves out." Namjoon grinned wide and flung himself at Jin for a hug, met with a muffled giggle.

They pulled away and Namjoon relaxed a little more, sitting less rigidly. They didn't speak for a moment until Jin had swallowed his pride. He needed to express the feelings bubbling inside him, or he would burst.

"Joonie?"

Said boy's heart fluttered at the nickname.
"Yeah?" He looked at Seokjin to see that he was blushing but had a little smile on his face.

"So... if you don't care about what people think... and you want to do what you truly want..."

Namjoon was already blushing.

"You said that I'd never like you back, so I'm inferring that you like me."

"Um... yeah. I really like you, Jin."

Jin grinned at the response.

"Then kiss me."

Namjoon stared in silence for a minute, ears heating up and his heart about to explode.

Jin repeated himself, in lower tones, after leaning closer to the other.
"Kiss me, Joonie."

Namjoon gulped. This was what he had dreamt of for so long and it was finally happening. It wasn't a dream, Namjoon had pinched himself a while ago to make sure that his eyes weren't deceiving him.

He was taking a while to build up courage, so Jin took his hands in a comforting gesture.

Namjoon eventually took a deep breath and placed his shaky hands on either side of Seokjin's face, the other responding by holding on to his neck.

"A-are you sure about this?" Namjoon's voice was shaky and quiet. Jin rolled his eyes.
"Kim Namjoon, I want you to kiss me. Hurry up."

Jin's somewhat humorous command made Namjoon giggle. He leant in a little and focused his eyes on Jin's lips, the older moving in too until they were a hair's width apart.

Both of their heads were filled with this thick, dreamy feeling, almost like they had breathed in a cloud. Their heartbeats could probably be heard from miles away as they just gazed at eachother's lips in silence.

Namjoon finally pecked Jin's lips. It was so short that it was arguable whether it happened or not, but both boy's lips tingled and they wanted more.

Jin held the other firmer and connected their lips again, the excitement they both felt hanging around them like a shadow.

They stayed with their lips pressed up against the other's until Namjoon gained the confidence to kiss Jin deeper, pouring out their passion. It felt like they were two parts of one whole being, finally fusing together for the first time.

They seperated quicker than both would've liked, and smiled giddily at eachother.

"Wow..." Jin giggled at Namjoon's outburst.
"Yep. Wow."