Chapter 10

We were doing some kinda fear factor thing and I was just making sure no body went down a wrong path and got lost. I walked up and down the empty path and started to think.

I wonder when this shit is going to be done and when I can go to bed. I was missing out on mentoring both my menties because one wasn't here and the other was training with by himself. I sigh and stop when I think I smell something.

"Is that smoke?" I question aloud.
My eyes flick around the tree filled area until I spot some smoke in the sky.

"Fuck..." I said softly. I start to run toward were the kids should be but I was blocked off by bright blue flames. "Blue Fire?" this was starting to get weird. Surreal even.

I decided to run along side the fire to see if I could get around it. I start to realize I might not be able to. I slow my run to a walk and then to a complete stop. What am I gonna do?

That's when I was met with the face of a dark haired man with purple skin stapled on to his own. I stare at the man ready to attack until I started to recognize him.

"Tou... ya?" I said slowly he stares at me.

"(Y/n)?" he questioned calmly in his monotone voice. "I knew there was a possibility you'd be here. Still I'd hoped you wouldn't be." his eyes finally connected with mine and that's when I knew.

"It's you..." I whispered.

"I missed you a great deal. Did you miss me?" Touya asked with a small smirk on his face.

Instead of shock my body finally felt anger. I took a deep breath before balling up my fist and punching him in the cheek as hard as I possibly could punch the only man I've ever loved. Which wasn't as hard as I could punch a stranger on the street.

He held his cheek with his hand and looked at me. "I guess I can't be surprised." he said softly.

"Where have you been!?" I yell about to punch him again. He puts his hands up in defense.

"Okay. Calm down. I'll tell you." Touya's eyes went to the side. He bit his leather covered bottom lip and started to continue. "I've been doing something different. I decided that I can't cure corrupted heroes like Enji by becoming one so I had to split." he told me.

I punch him anyway. "Ow." he said standing up straight again.

I started to back away. "It's weird to be able to touch you." I tell him looking at my hands. I walk over to him and touch the side of his face instead of punching it. My hand swiftly moved down to his chin and I stare into his blue eyes. "Why'd you leave me?" I asked softly. I knew he could see the tears in my eyes. The ground softly shook as the anger and sadness dwelled in my stomach.

"I didn't think the villain life was for you and I already knew what I was getting into." he explained. He took a small step forward and wrapped his arms around me.

It had been so long since I'd gotten a hug that this felt foreign to me. Yet it still felt so nice to feel his soft touch. His arms went down to my waist and kept me in place. I was surprised that I aloud him to continue this.

"That wasn't your decision." I inform placing my right hand against his chest. I felt his soft steady heart beat the way I'd done many times before.

"I didn't want to force you to do something you didn't want to do." Touya told me. I clench his white shirt.

I wanted to be angry with him. To beat him senseless and make him explain after but this felt nicer to me. I took a small breath out.

"You shouldn't have left like that." I tell him. "You left me with my feelings fucked up. I mean you had just told me you loved me and given me a promise ring that morning." I tell him.

"I see you still wear it." he observed. I nod softly.

Part of me expected him to pick me up and start kissing my lips off. He probably understood I was angry and wanted me to make a move like that to make sure I was alright with it. My eyes went back to his.

"I missed you." I tell him. I snuggle my face into his chest. "I need you to come back for me. Please..." I plead with tears waiting to flow out my eyes.

"I want to but I can't. I have to correct everything." he told me. He pulls me closer. "Just a little while longer. I promise." he tells me.

Just a little longer, huh?