Chapter 7 ★

Jimin's P.O.V.

I give a small laugh. Editing is mind numbing but if you're good at it it's super easy.

"Alright, well, we should probably get back to work before Namjoon kills us both."

"I already finished."

Yoongi leaned back in his chair. He stared at the screen and went to email Namjoon about it.

"Ah, I'm almost finished."

I look back at my screen and finish editing the last few arts of a commercial we were sent today. It was so boring, what a plain commercial they made. It could have been so much better, honestly.

I add in some sound effects, a bit of music, and some 'special effects' but it was still plain. I just saved the file, labeled it finished, and sent it to Namjoon.

Probably not my best work but it was okay.

I didn't want to watch the same plain boring video 50 times again. I look at the clock on my laptop, I just want to get home.

I don't know why I want to go home right now, I already know I can't even if Namjoon says the commercial's good now. Why does it feel like I want to run out here?

-Ping-

I look at my emails and see that Namjoon replied. He said it was good so I could have the day off.

I get up from my seat and put my jacket on.

"Hm? Where are you going?"

Yoongi looks up at me confused on why I suddenly just got up.

"A walk. I guess Editing really did numb my brain, or it might just be memories that I wish would leave me alone."

"Oh. Can I come with? I know a park and we can talk a bit there."

"Mm.. Sure."

Yoongi gets up and walks with me towards the exit. I only realized once we got out that Yoongi wasn't wearing a jacket. Or sweater. Just a plain white t-shirt and some jeans.

Though, he kept a straight face, but I could see it in the way he walked that he was a bit cold.

I took off my jacket and put it around it. He jumped at first but calmed down. He looked at me and asked,

"Hey, aren't you cold too?"

"I'll be okay. I'm used to it."

"Nope, take the jacket back."

"Oh come on, you were cold too. You probably need it more than me-"

Yoongi took the jacket off and gave it to me.

"Nope, don't wanna hear it. Just put it on, I'll be fine. I've been, way way worse."

"Like?"

"Wearing shorts and a t-shirt."

"Oh.. Why?"

"Don't got enough money to buy much. That's why I work here, Namjoon's my friend from high school so I could get an easy job here."

"Ah, I see. So..

Can I call you Yoonie?"

Yoongi froze, he stopped moving and looked down.

"Actually.. that was something my boyfriend called me.."

"Oh, you're in a relationship? You're luck you can keep one up, unlike me were no one likes me."

"No.. I'm not lucky."

Tears welded up in the corners of Yoongi's eyes.

"What do you mean..?"

"..He's....."

Yoongi didn't say anything, he started walking again but faster as if to get away from me.

"He's what?? What happened to him? Yoonie tell me-"

"DON'T CALL ME YOONIE. AND IF YOU'RE REALLY CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED, THEN I'LL GIVE IT STRAIGHT TO YOU.

HE DIED."

Yoongi turned to scream those words at me with tears in his eyes. I just stood there in shock and stared back at him while he ran away.

I.. Don't know how to process this... His boyfriend..

Died..?