Chapter Five: Ships Are Made To Sink

Kurt's POV

The next day, I was at my locker when Chandler walked up to me. "Hey, what was that yesterday?" he asked, frowning worriedly.

I paused, not looking at him and continuing to transfer textbooks from my backpack to my locker. "I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore, Chandler."

"Excuse me?" He sounded angry.

"I'm breaking up with you, dumbass," I said forcefully.

He took a step closer to me. "What. Did. You. Call. Me," he hissed angrily.

"Leave me alone," I said quietly, trembling and anticipating his anger. I couldn't help it. "Dumbass."

It came faster than I thought it would. In a flash of blue, he grabbed a textbook from me locker and threw it at me.

Just, chucked it at my face.

Needless to say, it hurt.

I cried out in pain and fell back as it hit me, clutching at where it hit, just above my right eye.

Feeling something warm, I pulled away my hand, only to see it covered in blood. I pressed it back to my head, trying to stem the flow.

He kicked my side as I lay there, and I stifled another cry. I could feel everyone's eyes on us, but they did nothing.

I heard running footsteps and Chandler struggling, looking up and seeing that two teachers had pulled him away from me.

I panted for breath, the wind having been knocked out of me. I felt a comforting hand on my back. "Kurt? Are you okay?"

I shook my head, in too much pain to speak. I recognized the voice as Mr. Schue's.

He helped me stand up, and I leaned against the lockers. Everyone had left the hall, and Coach Beiste was restraining Chandler.

"What is going on?" he yelled. I wasn't sure which of us it was directed at.

Chandler glared daggers at me. "Self-defense," he answered shortly.

"Oh yeah, and which of you were defending yourself?" he shouted at him.

"I was provoked," he claimed.

They both looked to me, and I shook my head. "I broke up with you. I didn't provoke you," I said quietly.

"You said something that made me angry, how is that no provoking?"

"Because it's exactly what you did when we dating," I muttered, but they heard me.

Oh, how I wish they didn't hear me.

Chandler wrenched himself free, storming over to me and pushing me up against the lockers. "What did you say?"

I was shaking violently. "You heard me," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "Don't want everyone to know, do you?"

"One more word, I swear-"

"You swear what? You'll beat me up again? Do it. Right here, right now. They already know, Keihl. You've got nothing to lose," I taunted. I don't know why.

Mr. Schue and Coach Beiste grabbed Chandler again, recovering from their shock. He pulled against them, but he was no match for two grown men.

I shook his head, leaving. I walked to the nearest bathroom, patching himself up- I had learned to bring bandages and such everywhere I went.