Taenie | Green Carpeted Table

When Queenie rang the doorbell to the 127 dorm, Jungwoo was the one who opened the door. He smiled cutely and led her to the back of the house where the 127 boys, Lee and Kaeds were gathered around a table with green carpet and multicoloured balls positioned on top.

Queenie watched with a puzzled expression as Kaede took a long stick from Yuta and used the end to hit one of the balls into another. The second ball rolled to the corner of the table then seemed to fall into a hole making Yuta and Kaede cheer while Johnny and Mark groaned.

Taeyong, who had been leaning against the wall, waiting for his turn, saw the confused look on Queenie's face and walked over to her.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi," she replied.

"Why do you look so confused?" he asked. "Have you never played pool before?"

"Pool?" Queenie asked.

"Obviously not," Taeyong chuckled. "I'll explain it to you then."

Holding her hand, he led her to the edge of the pool table and began explaining the game as the other members continued to play. When Taeyong finished explaining he asked if she understood.

"I think so," Queenie said, nodding slowly. "Using the stick, you have to try to make the white ball hit a coloured one so that it goes into the pocket."

"Yeah, pretty much but the stick is called a cue. Do you want to try?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay." Taeyong took the cue that Johnny offered him and handed it to Queenie. Standing behind her, he placed his hands over hers and helped her aim. Neither of them thought about how he was practically back hugging her.

"And then you just..." Taeyong pulled the cue back then pushed it forward, the tip hitting the white ball which in turn hit the green ball. The green ball slowly rolled into a hole.

"Yes," Taeyong whispered out of habit. His right hand moved to Queenie's shoulder than slid down to her hip, his fingers brushing the inch of skin exposed by her shirt. "Well done."

"It was mostly you," Queenie said, angling her head to look at him and trying to ignore her pounding heart. Being this close to Taeyong had her stomach flipping and her heart pounding. Her body felt electrified by his skin touching hers.

Taeyong smiled at her and gently squeezed her hip.

"Okay, my turn!" Lee shouted, jumping off the bean bag she sat on, almost hitting her teammate in the face with the cue in her hand.

Glaring, Donghyuck kicked the back of her legs but his act of revenge backfired on him when Lee fell over and actually hit him in the face.

❁ ✿❁ ✿❁ ✿❁ ❁

An hour later, as Queenie hugged Taeyong and cheered victoriously, her eyes caught on the clock behind him.

"Oh my gosh," she gasped. "It's already midnight. I have to take the girls home. They've got to be up by seven tomorrow."

Taeyong pulled back slightly but kept his hands on her waist. "Do you?"

"No."

"Then can you stay a little bit longer? Please?"

"I don't want them walking home by themselves. It's dangerous."

"I'll walk them," Yuta volunteered.

Queenie didn't look certain. She trusted Yuta but was still a bit anxious.

"Please, Queenie," Taeyong said quietly. "Stay."

"We'll be fine walking home with Yuta oppa," Lee piped up. "You stay and have fun. Loosen up a bit. God knows you need to."

After a few long seconds, Queenie agreed. Yuta shouted something in Japanese which made Lee and Kaede cheer then sprint to the door.

"Bye, Hyuck!" Lee called.

"Sleep well, oppas," Kaede said before running out of the house.

Yuta followed, shutting the door behind him. As the door shut, Queenie looked up at Taeyong.

"Do you have any idea what he said to them?" she asked.

"I think it was something about ice cream."

Queenie shook her head.