"I have something for you"

"Do you find pleasure in picking on girls?"

Nari's head whizzed around to face Yeo-Wool, shocked at his precarious words.

"What are you doing? If he sees me, he'll- -"

"Girl?!" Suho cut her off unknowingly, confusion plastered all over his face.

Yeo-Wool nodded as he walked down the stairs, his expression slightly hardening. Nari watched him carefully, her appearance still hidden by the yellow kite.

"Yes, that's right. Girl," Yeo-Wool answered him, before wrapping his arm around Nari and pulling her snuggly into his side.

Nari gasped slightly, the gesture taking her by surprise. She pressed the kite harder into her face, not only attempting to hide her identity, but also her now reddened cheeks.

"What's the meaning of her wearing male's clothing then?" Suho questioned, slightly taken aback by the sudden display of affection before him.

Yeo-Wool thought for a moment, looking down at Nari to check if she was okay. After she gave him an affirmative nod, he turned his eyes back to Suho.

"She's an old friend of mine," Yeo-Wool began, his gaze shifting to the distance as if recalling a wistful memory. "She's come to visit the capital, but unfortunately, a group of muggers must have stolen her clothing during her stay. The poor girl has been forced to dress like a man for the past few days. That's why we're here."

Suho hesitated for a moment before speaking up again.

"Why is she covering her face?" he pressed, pointing at the kite audaciously.

Yeo-Wool looked at the object, before stepping forward, releasing his grip on Nari. He took out his fan, placing it in front of their faces as he whispered into his comrade's ear.

"Between you and me, I think the young one has a mighty crush on the great Suho," Yeo-wool sung quietly. "It would be humiliating on her behalf for you to see her dressed like a man."

Suho thought for a moment, before a sly smirk formed on his face.

"If that is so, I'll leave her be," he chuckled, before flashing a wink in the girl's direction. "Come find me when you've settled in."

Nari rolled her eyes at the flirtatious player yet bowed slightly to pay her respects. The young Hwarang smiled in reply, before walking off, the little bag firm in his grasp.

"That was a close call," Nari sighed, slowly lowering the kite from her face.

Yeo-Wool looked at her in response, checking to see if she was alright.

"It's getting too dangerous in the Hwarang House, Mouse," he cautioned quietly, a serious tone lining his words. "Maybe it would be best if you take this chance to never go back."

Nari didn't spare her comrade a look, knowing full well she'd never do such aa thing. Although she was a kind and bubbly young girl, a part of her heart had been scarred and hardened.

"The only way I can fix that part of me is if I kill the king," she told herself.

Ignoring Yeo-Wool's plea, she pointed to the sun that was just about to set behind the forest-filled mountains.

"Let's hurry!" Nari cried, beginning to run, holding the yellow kite tightly in her hands. "We don't have much time before dark to fly this."

Yeo-Wool sighed, following close behind her, slightly annoyed that she had disregarded his advice.