"a friend like you"

"Ji-Dwi, wait!" Nari pleaded as she sprang after him.

A couple of meters before her, the retreating Hwarang halted. For a few seconds, they both stood motionless – Nari awaiting to see if he'd give her a chance to explain. Sure enough, his head turned back towards her, his eyes showing the slightest bit of worry as he faced the boy who'd so harshly rejected his concerns before.

Noting his hesitation, Nari jumped straight to the point.

"Let's not be like this," she said firmly, walking towards him.

Ji-Dwi, surprised by the sudden plea for reconciliation, struggled in knowing what to say.

"Al-alright," he stuttered as Mouse came closer.

"I'm being serious," Nari continued, placing her hand softly on his shoulder. "I'm sorry."

Ji-Dwi sighed, noticing the genuineness.

"You don't have to apologize, Mouse," he stated. "I pried too much into your life and it hurt you. For that, I must be the one who's sorry."

Nari shook her head.

"It wasn't your fault. I was feeling anxious and I took it out on you. I honestly thought pushing you away was for the best."

Ji-Dwi lowered his head, a small smile forming on his lips.

"It's never for the best..." he murmured. "But, since you've made it clear that it was not your intention to be closed-off, never be hesitant to talk to me about your problems. I have a lot of experience."

Nari breathed a small sigh of relief, thankful he had taken her apology well.

"And even though you can be really annoying," Ji-Dwi continued with a smirk. "I'll try to help as best I can."

Nari scowled at the joker playfully.

"Yah! I'm telling you again, you're not the easiest person to get along with either," she retorted, causing them both to laugh.

A comfortable silence fell over the two as they looked happily upon each other.

"Well..." Ji-Dwi suddenly said. "You can let go of my shoulder now."

Nari noticed the presence of her hand sitting gently on top of his robe. With widened eyes, as well as a short gasp, she wrenched her fingers off of him, realising she'd let her guard down.

"So-sorry!" Nari grunted, lowering her voice a few pitches down.

She stepped backwards, stretching her arms in an attempt to act natural. Ji-Dwi raised his eyebrows with suspicion.

"Well, I best be going!" Nari announced, continuing to step backwards. "I'll see you around then?"

Ji-Dwi nodded, his eyebrows still raised with amusement.

Nari nodded back awkwardly before spinning around on her heels and rushing back to the bedroom door – her face hot red with embarrassment.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Yeo-Wool, you'll never believe what just happened!" Nari cried. "Actually, knowing me, I guess it won't come to you as much of a shock but-"

Nari halted as she entered the bedroom, staring at her friend who was seemingly occupied with something.

"Yeo-Wool...what are you doing?" she asked curiously.

The Hwarang had a bag laid out across her bed, her clothes and belongings piled neatly on top of it.

"Packing," he replied without even looking up.

"Packing my things?" Nari questioned, walking slowly towards the scene.