Chapter 18

I always knew life won't be easy. There will be days when you will be truly happy and the days when you don't even have any emotions left in you.
Just the way life haven't been fair with everyone, I also haven't been fair with myself. I loathe myself,blaming myself and life for every misfortune. Looking for my worth in someone else's life.

Have been on the runs all my life, I think now I get to give myself a break and breath. I should stop running away from my fear.I heard people say 'face your fears'
Now is the time for me to face my fears and accept myself the way I am.
Though, facing my fears will be hard, at least I won't be a coward who never tried. Even if it cost my heart being shattered.

"someone is looking more cheerful than usual " Glen cheered,breaking me from my trance.
I gave her a toothy grin "yes, isn't that what you want?"
She roll her eyes, "that's exactly what I wanted, it will take only a fool not to know that there's more to this your happy face"

"Oh?" I said more like asking popping the 'O'.

"you've been standing there staring outside and stirring the coffee smiling sheepishly all by yourself. I need no sought sayer to tell me what's up." She gives me a sly smile.

I blush hard out of embarrassment, I hate being caught red handed. There's no way am going to escape this interrogation. I just can't give up like that without trying.
I grab my bag from the stool ready to leave.
"Glen, am getting late already. We will talk about it once am back".  I smirk, I quickly tried to get out of the kitchen before she could stop me.

"Not that easy Misses" she grasp me back and push me gently towards the sitting room.
"you're not leaving this house until you tell me what exactly is going on inside this silly head of yours" placing her hand on my head.
"moreover you told me yesterday, you aren't resuming until 9Am and this just 7:30am". She drop her phone on the couch after checking the time.

I playfully swat her hand away and glare at her. So much for having a big mouth. There is no escape from her anymore.
"I surrender your highness"

She gave me a mocking smile.

"you can't escape from me, so what's the occasion?"

"Occasion as in?" I questioned back, trying to play dumb.

" Don't try to be smart here, Meg" she glares.

Couldn't control myself and burst out laughing "someone is ready to b_ite" I said unable to form my words well because I can't stop laughing, main looking at her face it a big disaster.

"I won't bite, Just tell me exactly what happened overnight?"

"Let say, I have decided to follow your advice. After thinking about everything I realized that you were right,and for that I come to conclusions that,
I actually need a break from self loathe. Then I came to realized that I need to love myself more and ready to give myself the chance to be happy and explore the world with him"
I smile heartily.My heart is full of joy.

The look on Glen face is priceless, from shocked to happy. I knew she is not expecting it,
she is happy that I can say,she tries to hide her tears with a quick dab,because she isn't one to show emotions.

"Meg, you don't know how happy I am with this news. Thou you gave me a fright at first, but am really glad you are taking this bold step. I know you will always do what right".

"Thanks so much for everything Glen."

She waves it off "you don't need to thank me Meg. I did only what a good friend will do. I did what only humanly possible. You're the one who took the bold step not me. So for that 'thanks Megan'."