Chapter 1 || The Beginning ||

[ The Beginning ]

Ding-dong!

          Two girls ran deep into the woods not daring to look back from all the shouts and gunshots.

" Kill every single one of them!" A voice roared.

        The surrounding trees were immersed in raging fires and black smoke engulfed the skies.

"Hide here!" The taller girl pulled the little girls arm and hid her in a cave small enough to fit child.

" Where are you going Jie jie !" The little girl cried as she tried to pull the older girl's sleeves towards her.

Ding-dong!

" Don't leave me please!" The little girl begged until her voice became hoarse but the older one only hugged her tightly as she trembled.

" I'm sorry Xie'er"

" Find them!"

" Live well"

         The older girl struck the nape of the little girl and slowly the little girl's strength and vision started to dim. The older girl quickly hid the little girl deeper and gave her forehead a kiss.

'No, please don't leave'

          The last thing that the little girl saw was the older girl's flowing ashen brown hair.

" There she is! Go and chase her!"

' Don't harm her please'

"Kill her!"

' No!'

Ding-dong!

"Open up! I brought you food!" A gloomy voice complained while ringing the door bell.

          Crimson eyes opened. Fear, terror, helplessness, and anger swirled but was gone in a blink of an eye.

" What a boring dream"

        The figure stood up and went to the bathroom.

Ding-dong!

"Xie Yue! Open this door!"

          A porcelain face with crystal crimson eyes, red pouting lips, tall nose, and arched eyebrows stared right back. The lips drew to a smirk after hearing the complaints of a childish voice. After washing her face, she headed to open the front door, finally acknowledging the 'grieving' person outside. Although she really wishes to be alone for the time being. Ji Xie Yue was immediately tackled into her intruder's arms, embracing her as her 'intruder' rubbed their cheeks together.

"Boo hoo! Why did you take so long Xie'er?" Round doe eyes tinted with hazel specs shed tears.

'Cute'

          Xie yue thought so as she led Wei lan in her living room and set the food.

"Xie'er, are you okay? You look a little pale?"

" I'm fine, but why did you decide to visit me again?"

"That's because I heard that you're leaving so I immediately came here after finishing my mission." Wei Lan leaned to Ji Xie Yue and asked  "Is it true? Are you really leaving the organization? The company would suffer a loss to lose an S1 'employee' " Wei Lan quoted the word using her small and slender fingers

'You mean an assasin?'

" They have you and the others, it will be managed." Xie yue took a bite of the cheesecake and leaned on the couch.

"But it's a surprise that the organization actually allowed it" Wei lan's eyes curved into a smile. It could've been lovable to Xie Yue's sight if she dismissed the pressure suspending in the air.

"Xie yue, don't you think the organization has been lenient?"

'It's time'

          Wei lan slowly placed her hand in her pocket. Her smile became wider and wider while the tension became too heavy.

Click.

          It all happened so fast in a blink of the eye. Xie yue's vision changed to a gun pointed at her forehead. As expected of a retired military woman.

"Xie yue is so bad leaving everyone behind. No one will be happy."

        Xie yue looked at her straight in the eyes without fear

"Think of this as our organization's last gift"

        Without hesitation, Wei Lan pulled the trigger.

Bang!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

'Thought so'

          Xie yue raised the corners of her mouth at the spilt red confetti. Shaking her head, she easily twisted her wrist and flung the gun out of Wei Lan's hands.

"So what surprise is this?"  A calm voice asked while inspecting the gun as if she never held one before.

"Hmph! You're no fun" Wei Lan crossed her arms and stomped her feet at the ground

"Before you judge my reaction, evaluate your acting first"

"But everyone said that it was flawless and you'll surely believe it!"

          Xie yue cringed at the thought of Wei Lan practicing her facial expressions surrounded by fellow assassins.

'Interesting though'

          Wei Lan's cheeks blushed a little at the sight of Xie Yue's smirk

'Evil do-er! ' Wei lan sullenly thought at the beauty's expression.

"What is this plane ticket for?"

          Xie Yue waved a ticket in front if wei lan's face to snap her out of her thoughts

"It's a trip to china!"

"And why would I do that?"

"Because" Wei lan prolonged until she ran out of ber breath and spun around in a childish manner

" The company permitted us to go on a vacation! Thus, we decided through numerous destinations by rock-paper-scissors and I won!"

"We? "

"Kai, Oswald, and Heather have packed already so get your things and we'll start tomorrow!"

         And with those words Ji Xie Yue found herself on a plane to China.

Terms
1.) Jie jie - older sister
2.) Evil do-er - Can have two meanings:
- People who commits immoral acts
-People whose beauty is so profound and can bring a calamity ( A very very beautiful person) Can also be derived from the Chinese idiom 红颜祸水. hóng yán huò shuǐ
beautiful woman, source of calamity or femme fatale.
A/N: Ji Xie Yue is the latter.

Author's Notes
The story has been revised so for those readers who read my work earlier, changes have been made✨ Thank you for reading <3