Chapter 3 || Deal ||

[ Deal ]

          Galloping horses were heard throughout the forest late at night. A woman with dark brown hair clad in a black robe rode her black stallion  fiercely as she gave her command.

"No one will stop until the young master is found!"

          General Hui roared her orders. She only has one precious child in the family. If anything happens to him, she will definitely pay the person who hurt her son a thousand fold. Rushed footsteps followed and reported to General Hui.

"General! The young master came back but with a young girl!"

          General Hui's eyes darkened and rushed back to the house.

...

'This is awkward'

          Four figures sat around a wooden table. General Hui gave her dark glares. Duke Xue gave her a curious look and Hui Zi Yan pouted at the side after being scolded.

"Take the husband and the young master to rest. Be sure to keep an eye on the young master this time"

        General Hui's tone became heavier at the last sentence as she looked at the identical servants. The servants stiffly nodded and led the light brown haired beauty and the young master to sleep but before they exited Duke Xue gave a light kiss to General Hui which made the whole atmosphere immediately soften.

"Don't stay up too late wife"

          A sweet voice rang and General Hui's eyes softened and gave a nod. When the figures disappeared, an oppressive force quickly directed itself to Ji Xie Yue.

"What are your intentions?"

          A low voice rang out and seemed to suffocate even the servants outside the room. Ji Xie Yue remained unmoved but deep down, she could feel her insides trembling from the oppression.

"Take me under your wing."

          Ji Xie Yue's crimson eyes brightened and looked straight to General Hui's dark ones. This unknown display of courage lifted Ji Xie Yue's image in General Hui's heart.

"Speak"

          Ji Xie Yue told her story but of course not including that she was from a different world.

"Give me an identity and I would help you find a fire flower"

          General Hui gave it a thought. Finding a hundred year fire flower proved to be difficult from the past months. These flowers are not only rare but are also sought after by different sects for its medicinal benefits. Hence, every sect are willing to fight for it. She could use extra hands during the search.

          After contemplating it for a while, General Hui made a decision. "Find it and I'll give you what you want. Fail and you give your life."

          The matter of the Duke being poisoned is kept as a secret. If it leaks out, countless enemies will use the chance to inflitrate the Hui Wangfu.

"Deal. Give me two years."

          Finding a hundred year fire flower is never easy hence Ji Xie Yue needs sufficient amount of time but at the same time she needed to hurry before the slow-acting poison reaches the heart of Duke Xue. The oppressive aura disappeared and finally Ji Xie Yue's heart can calm down. General Hui discussed the appearance of a fire flower species and how to preserve it when it's plucked. Fire flowers are especially fragile and needed extra care. After the discussion, Ji Xie Yue was escorted to her room by the servants.

          Before she closed the door, Ji Xie Yue looked back with sincerity in her eyes."Thank you. I won't let you down."

         Ji Xie Yue truly felt grateful. She felt her heart settling down amidst the confusion and anxiety of being transported into a world that she does not know of.

...

Whoosh

Cold wind came rushing inside the room but the person didn't bother with the cold. General Hui's eyebrows furrowed about today's events. Truthfully speaking, she didn't know if she made the right decision of letting a stranger in. What if it was an assassin or a spy?

Should she take this chance and kill her ?

But before she could, she remembered those glowing red eyes. " Thank you. I won't let you down"

BAM

" Ugh... is it the voice, the eyes, or the sincerity " General Hui's head banged the desk. She leaned her head against her palms to rethink. She had to admit that something about the little girl compelled her to agree.

" No way, she's just a little girl that only has her face and courage as her redeeming qualities..." General Hui whispered.

" Wife!"

"!"

Crash!

A lavender fragrance entered the room. General Hui looked down to see her lovable husband sitting on her and clinging to her neck. Immediately, she closed the windows and lit up the room with numerous glowing pearls.

" Why are you still awake? I told you to wear something warm" A thick cape was immediately hung around Xue Rou.

" Hmph! If I wasn't here, you would already be at that little girl's place staring at her!"

Yes, the Duke Xue of the Yuan Kingdom is known to be possessive of his wife. Which was why he chased her first. And after many ups and downs, he finally won her heart!

" Never" Hui Yin took the soft but cold hands around her neck to her lips.

Xue Rou's cheeks flushed red. Even if they were married for 9 years already, his wife still retained her charms. After coaxing the little husband, they found themselves on the bed. Satisfied and contented.

" Do you trust that little girl?" Xue Rou's flushed face looked up from Hui Yin's embrace. Hui Yin continued to stroke her husband's soft light brown hair.

" We'll see."

"Hn" Xue Rou left it at that and snuggled into Hui Yin's warm embrace.

Author's Notes:
Little Hui Zi Yan is currently 5 years. They had him after 4 years <3