Chapter 4 || Devil ||

[ Devil ]

"...."

          Ji Xie Yue rubbed her eyes several times while gazing at the limp organ between her legs. Thousands of thoughts passed inside her head as she tried to make logic with the concept of her anatomy. Minutes ago when she woke up, she saw a dent between her legs, she stood in front of the mirror to undress, and saw this thing. But her chest remained plump. It didn't make any sense!

" What is with this world."

          Sighing, Ji Xie Yue decided to rest the matter. There's no use trying to rationalize everything when crossing worlds itself is irrational.

Knock, knock, knock

" Miss Ji, the master invited you to eat with them for breakfast."

          The thought of filling her stomach lifted her spirits so she agreed. A woman in her late thirties with brown hair walked in with two young male attendants trailing behind her.

" Miss Ji, please take a bath first and wear these clothes prepared by Master Xue."

          The female attendant laid out a robe made of the finest silk and prepared the bath for Ji Xie Yue. The female attendant was very capable in doing her tasks, she did everything precisely and in a quick manner. Within minutes, Ji Xie Yue was already enjoying her hot bath.

" What should I address you as?"

" Please call me Hui Shi." The shadow behind the screen responded.

          After several minutes, Ji Xie Yue got out and wore a robe. A figure emerged from the screen that made one in awe! Even the male attendants would forget their manners and pinch little Ji Xie Yue's cheeks.

What a beautiful child!

          Hui Shi glanced at the young attendants and cleared her throat.  The male attendants snapped out of their thoughts and did their work. A deep blue robe made from silk worms was draped across Ji Xie Yue's body. It felt soft to the touch but the material sturdy. They also did her hair by pulling it into a high ponytail. Overall, the style was simple but fitting for a noble.

" This way please."

          Ji Xie Yue was brought into a large dining room with all the Hui members present- General Hui, Duke Xue, and Hui Zi Yan.

" Jie-jie! Sit here!"  Hui Zi Yan patted the the cushion beside him.

           Ji Xie Yue sat there and bid her greetings. Everyone started eating and Ji Xie Yue found all of them delicious. Although it did not compare to the ingredients present in the modern times, the dishes suited her taste. After eating, General Hui called Ji Xie Yue to her study.

" The things you'll be needing are prepared.  Be careful when going inside the Shisheng Forest, there are numerous demon plants and beasts roaming. One wrong move and you die."

         Ji Xie Yue only smiled at General Hui's words.

" Can I borrow a book about this world as well?"

         Ji Xie Yue requested to which the General granted. After a few discussions, Ji Xie Yue prepared to go outside.

General Hui took out a jade ring and a needle. " Drop some of your blood.". Without hesitation, Ji Xie Yue pierced the needle on her finger. Blood started pouring from her smooth jade finger into the ring. " This is yours"

"What is this?" Ji Xie Yue took the ring and inspected it.

" A spatial ring. It's space is not that big but it's enough to store your necessities for 2 years."