Chapter 8 || Spiritual Roots ||

[ Spiritual Roots ]

Ji Xie Yue squinted at the glaring sunlight. Why did it feel as though she had dreamt of something important...

"You're finally awake. I've been calling you so many times"

          A warm voice carrying a hint of childishness rang through.What was in front of her was not a woman whom she met a day ago but a blooming young lady with the same features except that she still had her playful aura. Ji Xie Yue turned to look at her own hands and body. It was bigger and fuller. Her hair was longer and her limbs were taller. She was an adult.

"Master! Let's go out!"

Two little boys looked at her with beaming eyes while clutching at her sleeves. They had identical faces but the hair and temperament. Both had violet orbs buy one had white hair that peeked at her with shy eyes and the other had black that stared at her with vigor.

"Nonsense! Jade Empress specifically instructed us to stay here for a while."

Ji Xie Yue looked at the scene full of merry-making and laughs. Her heart felt warm and content but why did she feel like crying.

" Ji-ji, are you okay? You kept on spacing out these days-"

All of a sudden, two arms enclosed the three of them to a warm chest. The three was clearly flustered at the sudden act of affection from this ice cold beauty. The three remain stiff in her embrace but gradually hugged the person back. It was awkward but nevertheless very very warm and secure.

...

Song Cui felt a cold object touch her eyebrows. She frowned at the disturbance and continued to sleep until a childish voice sounded.

"Xiannu, why do you always frown?"

The nickname snapped Song Cui to awaken at the sight of the beautiful child smiling at her. Song Cui wasted no time and called for Qibo. An elderly men went in and checked the pulse of the patient.

" The young lady has recovered. Just take these pills twice a day to aid your headaches." The doctor bowed respectfully and left.

"Ji-ji...Did your memories come back?"

          Ji Xie Yue chuckled at the woman that was oozing nervousness. She wanted to tease her and she did exactly that.

"...Who are you?" It took a second for Ji Xie Yue to fix her aura, mood, expressions, and gestures to fully convey such a trick! Her lifeless eyes and monotone voice with a hint of confusion paired with a defensive body posture deceived Song Cui.

"Ji-ji..."

         That tearful voice immediately stopped all of Ji Xie Yue's antics.

"...I'm joking."

          Song Cui pouted and immediately tackled her in a hug.

" Ji-ji! Don't play like that "

          Ji Xie Yue and Song Cui talked to their heart's content. Numerous topics emerged such as the enemies, sometimes her past- although she couldn't in fear of disturbing Xiannu's mood, and the current situation.