Chapter 5 || An Old Friend ||

[ An Old Friend ]

After spending a month in the forest,Ji Xie Yue began to see beads of light. Majority were white but occasionally colors of blue, green, purple, red do appear. Ji Xie Yue decided to read the remaining books on how to start cultivation level. From what it says, these beads of light are qi that one has to guide to his or her dantian to absorb. Each color corresponds to an element that the cultivator possess and the white qis can be absorbed by any cultivator. Ji Xie Yue sat lotus posture and began to concentrate. Since she does not know her element, she guided the white qi that surrounded her and guided it to her dantian. She could feel a warm surge of energy traveling inside her body. Ji Xie Yue spent the rest of the day absorbing qi.

rustle rustle

chi chi chi chi...

rustle rustle

Chi chi chi chi...

Crimson eyes glared at the rustling trees above her. She could see a quick shadow jumping tree to tree. Despite being trained for decades, Ji Xie Yue couldn't help but be wary of the creature. It was so quick that she almost couldn't follow!

rustle rustle

Chi chi chi chi...

          Ji Xie Yue summoned a sword from the spatial ring. It was heavy for her current built but she managed to swing it. Even if it was quick for her eyes to follow, her ears could follow! Thus Ji Xie Yue closed her eyes and listened to the sound closely. She could deduce that it was alone and had a small built due to the weight it applies on the branches. She would only attack if she could feel its evil intention but if not then let it be. Ji Xie Yue kept a close eye but suddenly changed targets!

Snarl!

Clang!

'What a sight"

Even though she had seen things that are beautiful and ugly, what she was looking at now couldn't be described but hideous.

Snarl...Snarl...

Clang!clang!clang!

The creature had a stature if a wolf but empty of fur —nothing but a sagging skin. Long canines and a thin snake-like tongue snarled as Ji Xie Yue defended. It's eyes were that size of a plate and were so close that you would think it had an eye with two eyeballs —hideous.

Snarl..snarl..snarl...

Clang!clang!clang!

Sweat dripped off Ji Xie Yue's forehead as she tried to quickly think of a way to save herself. The demon lacked intelligence but clearly had strength from the way its blows kept pushing her back. The demon gathered all of its strength and in a swift did it land on Ji Xie Yue.

Now!

          Ji Xie Yue received it and used the momentum to propel herself upward. She pushed her feet from the branches and used the force to add strength to her fall. She executed it so quickly that what the demon last saw was a blade stabbing its face. Blood splattered everywhere.