Meeting the PRINCE of VAMPIRES was not on my VACATION LIST!!!!! chapter 27

Chapter 27

Reed's POV:

"DID YOU GET HER OUT!?" I practically yelled to my men that were around the cottage, they were standing around like fools watching the cottage burn down, while my daughter was in there.

"Sir! DJ went in there!" Marco said running to my side, Marco was the person I trusted the most to try to keep my girl safe, unfortunately not everything goes the way you plan it.

"Did you get them?" I asked referring to Lucas and his Diablo gang.

"No sir, but they have to be around here." Suddenly another explosion irrupted, covering my face with my arm, shielding from the material that went flying from the explosion. After a few seconds, I looked up and saw that what ever was left of the cottage was now burning ashes on the ground. Right then my blood ran cold while my body tensed up... She has to be alive! I was about to run towards the Cottage, when I suddenly saw a dark figure coming from the cottage cradling something in its arms. It took me a full ten seconds to realize that, the figure was Dj and the person he was cradling was my daughter.

I wasted no time, I ran towards them. Dj was a few feet away from the burning cottage, and so he gently laid my daughter on the ground. When I reached them, I fell to my knees hugging my daughter. In that instant I saw that her breathing was raspy, her body my full of bruises which was covered by the dust. She looked in pain even though she was unconscious, and that made my heart ach.

"What happened?" I demanded glancing at Dj.

"Sir, I found her near the basement, she was already on the floor unconscious." he said, whilst getting on his knees on the opposite side of her. I groaned this could no be happening.

"Go look for The Diablos!" I commanded, when I saw that DJ was about to protest I gave him a hard look, "NOW DJ!" Dj got up and took off.

I started feeling her pulse, checking her breathing. Her pulse was slowing down, and so was her breathing. I had to do CPR or she had a change of dieing. Pinching her nose together, breathing air into her mouth, and pumping her chest was actually helping. After about two minutes, Katie abruptly sat up coughing and gasping for air. I couldn't help but sigh in relief. After a few moments of coughing and trying to catch her breath, she finally took notice of me.

"Who in hell are you?" She asked in a raspy voice, sounding as if she hadn't had water in days, looking at me as if she's never seen me before, well, she really hasn't.

I was about to answer her when suddenly I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I slowly stood up and started scanned my surroundings, most of my men and The Royal Vampire warriors and guards, were scattered around looking for Lucas and his gang. I can't say that everything looked normal because it didn't, but nothing looked threatening.

I looked back at Katie and saw that she was now standing and watching me, with confusion on her face, while arching an eyebrow at me. She looked so much like her mother, with the same facial features and figure. Suddenly Katie, was tackled into a bear hug, but none other than Luke, I swear that boy has a crush on my daughter. But what surprised me is that she hugged him back.... Doesn't she know his a bloodsucker?

"Okay.... can't .... breath." She said gasping for air. I heard Luke chuckle.

"Sorry" he murmured

I stood there, watching them questionably. I looked at Angelica and Raphael and saw that they were as curious as I was. I looked around, and saw that Luke was the only one from his brothers that were here, the rest disappeared.

"Ahhem" I cleared my throat getting their attention. The second Katie looked at me her eyes widen, but then her expression turned into one of curiosity and thoughtfulness. I hope she doesn't figure it out....