Chapter Three: You Better Get Used To Me

I don't know what's worse, the fact that Mia just called my cousin hot or that she said he sleeps around. When I moved here it was for a fresh start, not to get an insight into Josh's sex life.

I scrunch my face up in disgust and put my head in my hands. Just wait until she finds out who Josh is to me.

I only met Cole today and I already don't like him so it makes me happy to know that Josh can't stand the sight of him either.

Shall I tell her now or let her find out herself?

What would I even say? Oh yeah, that other twat is my cousin. We can now use our Mitchell powers to kick Cole's ass yayyy!

"Mia, look, Josh, he is my-" I'm laughing slightly but before I can even finish what I'm going to say I get interrupted by someone. That someone being Josh might I add.

"Andie, why is everyone saying something went on between you and Cole? Please stay away from him, I swear to god if you get involved with him..." He groans and tugs at his hair with frustration while Mia sits still, frozen. I think her jaw just became best friends with the floor.

I burst out laughing by his stupid comment. "Oh m-my god!" I carry on laughing but finally pull myself together to be able to form at least one sentence.

"Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. I've been here for two seconds and I already can't stand him." He sighs with relief and his eyes leave me, going to Mia.

His look changes, not sure what to exactly, but it changes a lot. "Just," His eyes still haven't left Mia but when she puts her head down he turns back to me. "Just stay away from him okay?"

He walks away without uttering another word but I don't miss the quick glance he gives Mia before leaving.

"What was that? How do you-When did you- I'm so confused..." She puts both hands on her temples and she rubs her head but I just laugh.

"Josh is my cousin, I'm staying with my aunt and uncle for a while." She just nods but I know that really she wants to ask a load of questions.

I only bumped into Mia this morning but already I've realised she's pretty nosy. I don't have a problem with it, it's funnier than anything else.

Before we can say anything else to each other, the bell goes signalling the next lesson.

******

It's been around two weeks since I started this school and pretty much nothing has happened except Mia and I have gotten to know each other in that time.

We've actually gotten pretty close and it's just us two. I'm getting a lot more settled in now but I'm still missing my mum like mad of course.

Now, I bet you're wondering if I've had any problems with that douchebag from my English class and I haven't spoken to him since.

However, I've learnt two things. One is that he definitely does sleep around—as Mia said—and he's petty as hell.

I've seen him around, mostly in the hall, and he usually gives me a scowl while I respond with an eye roll. But now I think of it, I should really be laughing about how pathetic the whole situation is.

I stole his seat, big whoop.

Right now I'm at my locker shoving in the books I need for my last period, health. Luckily, Mia is in my class so I'm not going to be by myself.

I think before I joined, Mia didn't have any friends. I've never brought it up, just like she hasn't brought up why I moved here to live with my Aunt.