Chapter Fifteen: Cheater

Previously:

I open the door and all joy I just had dissipates, leaving me with only confusion and anger.

Right in front of me, I see something that I wouldn't have expected in a million years. Once I get over the shock, I shout the first thing that comes to my head.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!"

What have I just witnessed?

******

"What am I going to say to her, Cole? She'll be so upset." A solitary tear slides down my face when I think of the pain my best friend is going to endure.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" The same exact girl who was kissing Cole only the other day has her legs wrapped around Josh's waist. I'm not one to slut-shame but...

He doesn't even look worried that he was caught, it's like he didn't even care we found him like this. He wipes her nude lipstick off from his face and neck. Gross. I think I'm going to be sick. I storm over to him and once he pushes whoever the hell she is off of him, I shove him.

"How could you do that to her, huh?" He keeps his head down looking at the floor, "Come on then! Speak up because I'm pretty sure no one forced you together so give me your 'reason'. You fucking promised, Josh! What was it I said to you when I found out you two were together?" I shout at him.

I start to think he isn't going to reply, but then he does. "That if I hurt her you wouldn't hesitate on kicking my ass." He mutters, almost as if he were saying it to himself.

"Exactly, that's why I'm gonna beat the crap out of you. She's my best friend." I growl, lunging forward to throw as strong of a punch as I can. I wouldn't describe myself as strong but I'm so livid I wouldn't be surprised if I can pack a punch right now.

Before I can hit him, I feel Cole's hands slide around my waist as he lifts me up. I start kicking my feet, trying to break free. "Get off of me!" I protest.

Once I'm further away from someone who I don't want to call my cousin right now, Cole finally loosens his grip.

That's when I take the opportunity to run for him again. But once again, Cole's hands are around my waist before I can get there.

If I wasn't so angry I'd have time to react to Coles touch on my body.

"He's not worth it, princess." I turn around and look at him. His green eyes staring deeply into mine and for a second, just for a second, the anger is gone and it's like there is only us in the room.

"He's not worth it." He repeats and the way we're both still staring at each other makes me melt like putty in his hands. Knowing that he can do that to me scares me incredibly.

Only you, Cole Jones. Only you can make me feel like I'm the only one you look at this way. Only you can make me feel so many unfamiliar emotions at once that I don't know how to deal with them. Only you can make me fa—

"Let's leave it." I nod and look at the girl who's caked in makeup and then at Josh, giving him a disgusted look.

I turn back to Cole, "But he knew, Cole, I told him not to hurt her." My voice cracks, I want to cry. It's going to kill her when she finds out.

"So you're with Cole now?" I'm shocked by his small burst of confidence.

Now he speaks.

"You don't get to talk. You say all these terrible things about Cole but you're worse. He doesn't get with someone, his cousin's best friend, to then cheat on her like she was nothing." I growl, lunging forward for what is the third time.