Chapter Twenty-Five: Bitches change

A/N: Don't forget to go back and vote on chapters <3

"Bye guys," I say and Josh walks Mia to her car before heading back indoors, slamming the door behind him.

We all decided to watch a movie and it must've taken twenty minutes for everyone to finally agree on what we were going to put on.

"I was thinking, why don't we just both skip school tomorrow and hang out instead?" Jess asks as we head upstairs and I shake my head.

"I can't. Even if I wanted to I couldn't. I've got a test tomorrow but maybe we could Thursday, right before you go home." I suggest. Before I moved here I would've never even considered skipping school but I guess I've changed a little since I moved here.

Correction: Cole happened. And he's influenced me in more ways that I can count.

"Yeah I guess," She stops just as we get to my room and she spins back around. "Oh, I need to get my things from my car." She plants her phone on the drawers and heads back downstairs.

Once I get changed, Jess' phone buzzes. I head over to her phone after it buzzes another couple times.

Tilda: We're going shopping asap, the party's Friday night.

Tilda: I'm surprised you're not back already. From what I remember, that Andie girl was boring as shit. Please remind me why you hung out with her again?

Ahhh, Matilda Highland. Aka the biggest bitch I've ever met in my life. You know those mean girls you see in movies? She is that girl.

I don't even care about what she has to say about me. I'm just shocked she's texting Jess.

They're friends?

"What are you doing?" Jess snatches her phone out of my hand and shoves it in her back pocket.

"Sorry, It's just we always used to look at each other's texts."

"Yeah well, times have changed a lot since then haven't they." There's that bitter tone again.

"What the hell has gotten into you?" I whisper yell, trying to keep my voice down. Earlier on tonight Mark and Nadia headed upstairs so we were alone so I don't want to disturb them. No matter how much Jess' bad mood is starting to piss me off, I can't shout.

"Well, you shouldn't have gone through my phone." She scowls.

"Why you acting so bitchy and why is Matilda texting you? I thought we both hated her."

"Bitchy? I'm not acting bitchy and it's not any of your business who I'm friends with. You were the one who left." She spits.

"I'm not arguing with you, Jess. What is the point in visiting if we're just going to fight? The guest room is down the hall on the left. Good night." She heads out, not sparing me another glance and when I try and process what's just happened, what Jess said repeats in my mind.

You were the one who left.

Is this what it's about? It's not like I had a choice in the matter.

I lay in bed for hours unable to fall asleep because I feel guilty.

Jess was right.

Things have changed. Who was I kidding to think everything would be the same as it used to.

*****

I head downstairs and peer out the window. Jess' car is gone. Looks like she's left for school already because it's further away.