Chapter Seven: Mandy rhymes with Angry

The weekends now over and I've got to face what's coming next...

Monday.

The worst day of the week is here. Again. I spent the weekend with Mia and sometimes Josh. I actually think they're pretty good together and she's definitely good for Josh, he looks so happy when he's with her.

I haven't spoken to Cole since the party. Sorry let me correct myself, I haven't seen Cole since I was a total bitch to him.

I have English second period today so it means that I'll see him at some point, I feel a little nervous. I just hope we're okay.

Anyways, trying to put that to the back of my mind, I head to school with Josh as we plan to meet Mia there. Both Nadia and Mark have talked about getting me a car and the first thing I thought was 'hell no'.

A car is too much to be given. An 'I-hope-you're-settling-in-well' present is a candle or chocolates. Not a freaking car. I'm not being ungrateful, It's a wonderful gift but I can't accept it.

They said that if I won't accept it then there's a car they don't use that I can have but that's still too much. Once Josh and I get to school, we don't even have time to meet Mia as the bells goes straight after we get there.

As the teacher drones on about photosynthesis, I feel myself start to drift off into sleep. After what was probably onto a two-minute nap, I wake up due to loud cough noises and when I'm brought back to reality, I'm greeted with stares from the whole class and a glare from my teacher.

"As you need it so desperately, how about you catch up on lost sleep in detention after school." It isn't a question it's more of an order and too tired to argue, I just nod my head agreeing.

Even though I feel my teacher's eyes still on me, I close my eyes, nearly falling asleep again. Luckily, to save me from any more consequences, the bell goes waking me up completely.

Stepping into my next class, I take my usual seat and the first thing I notice is that he isn't here.

Why isn't he here? Is he okay? It can't be because of what happened at the party, can it?

Once English has finished, I walk out of class and the rest of the day goes by—slowly might I add. My curiosity of where Cole is hasn't died down and when on my way to health, my last lesson, a familiar figure is stood at his locker.

If he's in school why wasn't he in English this morning?

I somehow find the courage to walk up and tap him on the shoulder. He turns round to look who it is and he acknowledges me but turns back around, ignoring me completely.

Okay, maybe he is pissed...

"Hey, how come you weren't in English today?" He doesn't answer me and he just continues putting stuff into his bag.

"Hey, come on, answer me. I know I was rude at the party and I'm sorry, is that why you're ignoring me?" He still hasn't answered me and I'm starting to lose my patience. If he doesn't want to speak to me he should just say, not let me make a fool of myself for him to ignore my apology.

But what if he was upset with what I said? That makes me feel guilty for growing so exasperated so quickly. I shouldn't expect him to just forgive me straight away.

"Is that why you missed English, because of what I said?" I mumble the question and I'll be surprised if he can even hear what I'm saying. The middle of my chest starts to ache when he doesn't say anything but the sudden slam of his locker makes me jump.

"I missed English because I wasn't prepared for you to ask me fifty questions and no it's not because of you acting like a bitch last weekend. Is that a good enough answer for you?" He hisses and I almost stumble at how harsh his response is. So it wasn't me yet he continues to act like a dick, taking his problems out on me.