Chapter Five: Hate Him?

I wake up, getting ready as usual after finally have the strength to drag myself out of bed. It took five presses of the snooze button before I was willing to get dressed. Walking downstairs, I see that there's only half an hour until school starts. Shit.

Josh has already left so it looks like I'm stuck getting the bus. Why didn't he wake me? I quickly grab an apple, rushing out the door, not forgetting to lock the door behind me.

Mia: Do you need picking up? I'm just about to leave x

Thank you, god, I'm not one to usually have good luck but this, this is definitely lucky. I respond almost straight away and within two minutes Mia is outside. I throw my bag onto the backseat and get in the car.

"Thank you for this, if you didn't text I would have been late today."

We pull into the school's car park and before we can even get to our lockers, the bell rings. I hear my phone go off just before I enter the class and while the teachers still setting up, I quickly check who it is.

Cole: You down for starting our project today?

Me: Sure, meet at the library after school. Please don't be late this time.

I shove my phone in my pocket before miss spots it and for the first time, and probably the last, science went by in a flash.

The rest of the day went by quicker than expected and before I know it, I'm making my way to the library.

When I get there Cole is already waiting for me but before I even get to him I'm stopped by the librarian.

"Don't argue today, It's meant to be a quiet area." She scolds and I nod planting a fake smile on my face. I turn away gritting my teeth but smile again when I'm stood in front of Cole.

"So what are we gonna do for this?" He asks.

After discussing the design of the poster we start drawing it out and even ten minutes of silence goes by before Cole starts to complain.

"Have we nearly finished this? It's boring." He moans, sounding like a two-year-old.

I drop the felt tip while looking at him with disbelief. "Are you being serious? It hasn't even been ten minutes." Rolling my eyes, I pick the felt tip back up and continue drawing.

Another fifteen minutes go by and we're are so close to finishing but Cole holds us up by speaking again.

"So..." He drags out. "Why'd you move down here?" That one caught me off guard.

"Let's just say I wanted a fresh start." He nods not saying anything else and I continue to colour in but this time it's me who stops us.

"Why do you hate Josh so much?" He looks up at me and I expect him to give some stupid cliché of how they were close friends and one of them stole the others girl.

"I don't think we've ever liked each other to be honest. There's nothing really to it." We finally finish the poster and my stomach starts to growl afterwards. I hear Cole laugh a little beside me,

"How about we get some food?"

I look up at him suspiciously and wonder if he's up to something but I just agree.

Cole drives us to get take out and I vote KFC because who doesn't like chicken? Excluding the vegans and vegetarians of course.

We're parked in the car park and we're now sat with the fast-food bag in between us. I grab my fries and while I'm eating, Cole's hand grabs some of them. Before he can even get them anywhere near his mouth I smack his arm and they all land on the floor.