Chapter 4

"What's wrong?" James's voice interrupted the sweet gesture from Logan. Logan took his hand back as I sat up and smiled kindly.

"I'm not feeling too good." I said quietly. James smirked.

"Maybe because you're wearing a sweatshirt during the hottest summer night of the year." James teased touching my head. Always kidding that big brother of mine.

"No, that's not it. I think I should get home." I said standing and then realizing it was too fast. I started to lose my balance as Logan and Kendall about jumped on the floor to catch my fall, but both simply wrapped their arms around me.

"Whoa, Bethers I seriously think you have heat stroke. Get the hoodie off her." James said grabbing my waist and then let his face fall. "What the hell?!" James asked as he lifted up the sweatshirt and tears sprung to my eyes.

"Shit." Logan said under his breath.

"What-what? Bethany Marie Maslow, are you kidding me? Are you freaking serious?" James asked as I let tears fall.

"James, wait please." Katie said pulling his hands off my waist as Kendall put his arm around my shoulders as his hand rested on my bicep. Logan shoved his hands in his pockets as James's look of anger and disappointment was heart breaking.

"You're fucking kidding me! Bethany, you're pregnant?! You're not even in a relationship!" James started yelling while Katie had her hands on his chest trying to back him off me.

"James I'm sorry! I am!" I cried out grasping my heart with my trembling hands. The rest of the restaurant was watching us as my brother was furious. He took a glass and threw it at the wall.

"James!" Katie shrieked as she grabbed his arms and gearing him to go outside. I never cried this hard since I found out I was pregnant.

"I'll talk to him." Katie said to me as James left the restaurant. Kendall was closest to me so I immediately fell into him embrace. He wrapped me up as I felt like I was going to be alone. Logan was talking behind me to a very scared sounding girl, probably a waitress asking us to leave since we were causing a scene.

"We need to leave. I paid for everything, they're threatening to call the cops unless we leave right now." Logan said a hand on my back. I nodded and pulled away from Kendall. I wiped my tears as Kendall and Logan both guided me out the door and into the warm summer night air. I felt disgusting, both in a physical matter, under this sweatshirt and what was in my stomach. I loved my baby already, but I also loved my brother. He was the one who helped me out when everything was hard and he was the one to offer my friend and I a place to live.

"He hates me." I said not breathing very well as I tried to catch my breath. I yanked off Kendall's sweatshirt and immediately felt better. Logan sighed standing next to me as Kendall was in front of me. Logan's hand rested on the small of my back soon was off.

"Girl, you sweated through your dress." Logan said. I nodded.

"It was a little hot under that hoodie." I said sniffling. Kendall reached over and touched my shoulder.

"At least he knows now." Kendall said confidently, as if nothing had just happened.

"Dude, that's the last thing she needs right now." Logan said as he took a step closer to Kendall. "Besides, if you would have kept your drunk ass in line, she wouldn't be in this situation." Logan defended me. I could it getting heated before my eyes.

"Can you not?" I asked rolling my eyes and sighing. Logan took a step away and then looked down at me.

"Where'd the Yukon go?" Logan asked as we looked around the full parking lot. Kendall held my waist as we walked looking for Katie, James and/or the Yukon.