Chapter 14

I headed to the salon. As I walked in, the woman behind the entry way smiled brightly at me. "How beautiful! How far along are you?" She asked as her perfectly bleached smile was visible. I smiled back.

"Seven months." I told her with my hands on my stomach proudly. She 'awed'.

"Very nice. Well, what can we do for you momma-to-be?" She asked as she flipped her black hair that had one neon green stripe in it.

"Well, I'm not sure really. I want to change up my hair and get a manicure." I told her. She smiled again.

"Great. We will set you up in one of our chairs." She said happily gesturing for me to follow her. She led me to the second chair as another woman with red hair walked over.

"Glowing momma, I see?" She asked in a thick French accent, which was weird for me hardly seeing any French people in LA.

"Yes. Seven months." I told her. She nodded in approval.

"What we lookin' to do today, eh?" She asked playing with my hair with her finger tips. I thought a moment, maybe I should've thought this through a little.

"Uh, well, I'm not sure really. I've always had long hair all my life, but I don't know if it is flattering me anymore." I told her as I looked at myself in the mirror in front of me. My hair was down at the small of my back, with a natural wave at the ends. The hair stylist nodded.

"With baby coming, short hair be easier to maintain." She said smiling as she let my grown out bangs hang by my face as she lifted the rest of it out of sight. It did look pretty cute. I considered what she said.

"Okay, what would flatter my face now and even after I don't have a baby inside me?" I asked her. She smiled and from then on, I didn't want to look at the mirror in case from then on, I want to hide my face. Around two hours later, only because I got a few highlights and lowlights in my hair as well as a cut, I was finished. My hair was just to my shoulders only covering my neck and ending just above my collar bone, very choppy layers with razored side bangs, with light brown highlights and blackest black lowlights to contrast my naturally dark brown hair. Then I moved onto nails, getting a French manicure with a black tip rather than the normal white. That took up my entire day. I paid happily for what had been done to me. I felt ten pounds lighter without my hair dragging me down, and I felt put together with my nails being done. I walked down the block to a Starbucks.

Shortly, I was back at Logan's car know again at around five. I got home before Logan but forgot to go grocery shopping. I sighed, one thing I promised Logan I'd try to do and I didn't do it. I walked up to the house and walked in. I sat my stuff down on the counter and sat at the island as I could hear Kendall's car in the driveway pulling in. He turned it off which meant Kendall was coming inside as well. I thought I had looked the same with all my modifications today, but from the boys faces I could tell I was wrong. Logan was in first as I had left the door unlocked. He was in mid sentence as Kendall crossed the door step. They closed the door and as if planned looked up at the same time with shocked expressions. Logan's turned into a smile soon afterwards. "Damn, look at you!" He said walking over and looking at my hair. "You're hair looks gorgeous! You're gorgeous. Like holy crap gorgeous!" He kept mumbling as she was in front of me and touching my hair. "You also smell delightful." Logan added leaning forward as I smiled and we kissed.

"Wow, cut off all your hair. Very Miley of you." Kendall said walking into the kitchen and helping himself to the fridge.

"Be nice, she looks so much more mature and wiser." Logan said tapping Kendall with a flick of his fingers on Kendall back. Did Kendall not like it? Or was Logan just being nice?