Part 1

"Come on kiddo, we really need you to tell us your name and classification" Detective Edward says to the small boy In front of him.

The tiny boy, who looks all of 10 has been sitting in the interrogation room for the past three hours, he was found at a house party that Edward and his squad shut down at 11pm, it's now approaching 2am and the boy is noticeably exhausted.

Edward sighs, this kid is absolutely adorable, his feathery brown hair, big blue eyes and tiny body are making Edward soft, he's become quite protective and patient with the kid over the last three hours which is extremely out of character.

Louis sits in the chair and stairs back at Edward, he hasn't said a word since he arrived, it's not hard for Edward to tell he's a 'little' he's not in headspace though, Edward knows that.

Edward sighs again.

"Why were you at that house party?" Edward asks kindly.

Louis has been living on the streets for the past few moths, at the Berkshire bridge to be precise. He hasn't eaten in so long and was walking back to the bridge when he passed the house party, he thought he would try his luck and try to get some food, things didn't work out though.

"I....I...was hungry" Louis says, speaking his first words in three hours.

Edward intimidates Louis, he seems kind enough, but Louis doesn't trust anyone anymore and he can tell Edward can be dangerous. Louis just wants to leave, he doesn't like this place.

"Hungry? Where is your home? Are you living on the streets?" Edward asks.

It's not hard to tell Louis lives on the streets, his skinny black jeans are ripped and falling off him, his dark blue zip up is thin and ratty and his hair hasn't been washed in weeks, nor his clothes, he's filthy.

Louis doesn't answer the question, instead he looks at his lap.

There is then a knock at the door and two uniformed police officers walk in, they are big and intimidating too, Edward, being their boss though has their full respect.

"Last ones been bailed boss" one of the officers says.

"Thanks boys" Edward replies.

He then looks at Louis.

"You see kiddo, everyone we arrested tonight has been bailed out, if you don't talk to me then I'll have no choice but to keep you in the cells overnight, is that what you want?" Edward asks.

Tears prick Louis eyes, no he doesn't want that, he wants to go back to his hideout where he feels safe and can be himself. He can't tell Edward about his situation though, he just can't.

Edward sighs.

"Come on then kiddo" Edward says and he stands up and grabs Louis hand, he brings him to the cells at the back of the station.

It's a quiet night and no one else is inside, Edward sits Louis down on the bench and Louis brings his knees to his chest and lets a few tears escape, it catches Edwards heart. Edward squats down in front of Louis.

"Listen, I'm really sorry that you're here, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't try and help you" Edward says.

Louis has no idea what that means and just watches innocently as Edward gets up and walks out of the cell, the other two officers locking him inside. It's cold and Louis pulls his arms around his waist and leans his head on the wall. He can't help it when he cries himself to sleep.

......

"Hey babe, it's me" Edward says as Harry picks up the phone.

"Hi love, to what do I owe this pleasure" Harry smiles into the phone.