Part 3

Louis wakes with a fright and sits up in bed, he has no idea where he is and he starts crying.

"Hey darling, it's okay just relax" Harry says to him from beside Louis bed.

Louis has been asleep for two days and Harry and Edward haven't left his side, dressed in sweats and jumpers they've made camp in the recliners next to Louis bed.

Louis brings his thumb to his mouth and starts sucking it, a complete giveaway that Louis has slipped to headspace.

He's hiccuping and looks so scared.

"It's okay Louis, you're so brave, such a good boy, just relax" Edward says as he moves to sit next to Louis and move his fringe off his forehead.

"Hurts" Louis whimpers.

"You're in pain?" Harry asks concerned

"Hurts" Louis says again as the tears keep coming.

"It's okay sweetheart, I'll make it go away!" Harry assures as he puts some pain relief into Louis drip.

It has an instant effect on Louis and he starts to relax as his body becomes pain free.

"Better angel?" Edward asks.

Louis nods.

Louis reaches out to Edward and Edward doesn't hesitate to get into bed beside Louis and bring him across his chest. He's so relieved Louis is okay with them both in his little headspace.

"Is this my home now?" Louis asks innocently.

"Darling, this is my work, you're in hospital, you're a bit sick so you have to stay here for a little while" Harry says sitting on the bed and running his hands through Louis hair.

"I'm scared" Louis says and he starts getting upset.

"Ohhh no baby, don't be scared, Harry and I won't leave you, you're safe" Edward says.

Louis hiccups and tears start down his cheeks,

"You know what, Edward and I got you something, would you like to see what we got for you?" Harry says smiling as he gets up and walks towards the bags on the chairs.

Louis looks curiously at Harry, he sits up and Edward places his hand on Louis back to steady him, not moving from his spot beside Louis.

Harry grabs out a toy and hides it behind his back, he approaches the bed and sits down again,

"You've been so brave kiddo, we thought you might like a present" Edward says.

"Present?" Louis asks

"That's right" Harry says smiling and he pulls a husky puppy soft toy from behind his back. Louis eyes light up at the grey and white puppy.

"His name is Blue" Harry says.

"He for me?" Louis asks,

"All for you kiddo, he's yours and he's going to keep you safe" Edward says.

"Mine?" Louis questions again.

"Yours, just for you" Harry says smiling.

"I love him" Louis says as he hugs the puppy close.

Edward and Harry smile at each other, Louis lays down and lies across Edwards chest, holding his puppy close, he puts his thumb in his mouth and slowly drifts off to sleep. Edward holding him tightly.

"That went pretty well" Harry smiles.

"Yeah, thank god" Edward says relieved.

Harry's phone then starts ringing and he looks at the caller, his stomach erupting in butterflies, he looks at Edward.