Part 22

"Relax kiddo, just breathe" Harry tells Louis as he comes too a few hours later.

Louis feels something being pulled out of his throat and he whines at the pain, he's so uncomfortable and sore. Something is placed over his mouth and tears come to his eyes as he tries to get it off. He's so tired and his eyes won't open.

"Shhhhhh, it's okay bug, it's okay" Edward reassures Louis as he grabs Louis hands gently and pulls them away from the oxygen mask.

Harry strokes Louis hair in comfort, as they try to calm Louis down.

Louis suffered extensive injuries to his body and he has a very bad chest infection, physically he will recover with lots of rest and pain relief. Emotionally, Harry and Edward aren't sure how Louis will respond. His dad has done quite a number on Louis and they just hope he's responsive to headspace again.

Louis begins to respond and calms himself down, the tears don't stop though.

"Oh bug, it's okay darling, it's all okay" Edward tells Louis, he bends down and kisses Louis head.

Louis opens his eyes slowly and Harry and Edward are smiling down at him, Harry is in his work scrubs and Edward still has his empty holster around his torso.

"Hey there kiddo" Harry smiles.

Louis cries harder and Edward and Harry comfort him as best they can, reassuring Louis that he's safe now. When Louis calms down Harry and Edward sit on either side of his bed. Louis reaches up and takes the oxygen mask off, it's so annoying.
"Bug, you need to leave that on" Edward says fondly, knowing Louis hates it,

Louis doesn't listen and takes it off.

"Five minutes" Harry says pointedly with a smile.

"I wanna go home" Louis says upset.

Harry and Edward sigh in sympathy, there is no way Louis will be going home anytime soon.

"We know you do darling but you're going to have to keep me company at work for a little bit longer" Harry says smiling.

"How much longer?" Louis asks upset.

"That doesn't matter right now, just relax and know that Harry and I won't leave your side okay" Edward says.

"You gave me back to him" Louis says upset.

Harry and Edward look confused at Louis words before it clicks what he's talking about.

"Is that what he told you baby?" Edward asks.

Louis doesn't answer.

"Bug, we love you and would never give you to anyone, we are sorry he took you" Edward says.

"You replaced me" Louis says.

"No bug, we would never ever replace you, we promise, you're ours and only ours" Harry says.

Louis is starting to understand Troy was lying to him, he doesn't remember much about being taken, just that Troy said Harry and Edward didn't want him anymore,

"He took me?" Louis asks

Harry and Edward nod.

"We're sorry we couldn't stop him, so sorry Lou" Harry says.

"I don't want to be little anymore" Louis says heartbrokenly

"Shhhh, it's okay, it's okay, we know it's hard kiddo but Edward and I are here for you and you're safe with us, we won't let a single thing happen to you" Harry says.

"Just know that we are here and we will always be here whether you're little or not, you're ours and we love you" Edward says.

Louis has absolutely no control over his genetics and as much as he can fight the urges to be little he can't stop himself having the urges or regressing completely. The boys know this and know that eventually Louis will slip, it's the emotional trauma in doing so that has them so worried.

"Louis let's his tears fall and rolls over to his side, it hurts but he's so uncomfortable and upset, he cries to himself, until he falls asleep.

"I hate that he thinks we gave him away" Edward says when Louis is reduced to slow hiccups.

"It's going to be confusing for him babe, he won't remember being little and he was drugged so he's confused about what's happened. He knows we didn't give him to Troy but he's trying to work through his emotions" Harry tells Edward lovingly,

"I fucking hate Troy" Edward says.

"He's dead Edward, we don't have to worry about him again, Louis is safe and he's ours and we just need to help him through this" Harry says.

Edward sighs.

"I know, I'm sorry H I just can't even begin to imagine what Louis went through" Edward says.

"I know babe but let's try and focus on getting him home and healthy okay" Harry says as he comes around to hug and kiss Edward.

"How long do you think that will be?" Edward asks,

Harry sighs.

"I'll do my best to have it Happen in two weeks but I need him to slip before he comes home, even if he doesn't stay there, he needs to slip so I can help him and explain things to him when he's little" Harry says.

Edward nods, he just really hopes Louis will let them help him and not push them away.

........

"Oh darling, give me a cuddle" Anne says as she rushes into Louis room.

It's been a week of Louis being in hospital and Harry and Edward have told Anne it's okay to come up and see Louis now that his injuries have healed a little.

Louis is sitting up in bed, as Edward tries to make him eat some jelly.

Louis takes one look at Anne before he's flinging himself at her and sobbing completely.

"Oh angel, it's okay, shhhhhhh oh baby boy it's okay" Anne comforts Louis.

Harry and Edward watch on as Louis let's Anne cuddle and kiss him, let's her comfort him. He hasn't been responding that well to Harry and Edwards attempts of comfort, and Harry thinks it's because he hasn't slipped and still feels anxious around them. They are so thankful that Louis has welcomed Anne and is willing to let her in.

"Oh darling, I've missed you, are you okay?" Anne says as she sits next to Louis on the bed.

"Yeah" Louis whispers quietly as he pulls back.

Anne cups his face and wipes his tears smiling slightly.

"Are my boys looking after you hey?" Anne says fondly. Trying to lighten the mood.

Louis nods.
"That's good, now, I've brought presents, I've got puzzles, colouring books, chocolate and even some peanut butter and chocolate ice cream" Anne winks at Louis and he smiles for the first time in a while, it doesn't last long though before it's wiped off his face.

"What's wrong darling?" Edward asks gently as he swipes Louis fringe off his forehead.

"I'm....im not little and and and I don't ever want to be" Louis says upset.

Anne looks at the boys worriedly.

"Oh angel, it doesn't matter, you can colour in and do puzzles no matter what, let's not worry about that okay" Anne says.

Louis looks at her making sure she's being genuine. He doesn't respond but when Anne puts the colouring book on the table in front of Louis he grabs it and the pens and starts to colour in. Harry and Edward smile at Anne who winks at them in response.

Louis spends the afternoon colouring and cuddling with Anne, it's the most relaxed he's ever been, Louis falls asleep soon enough and Anne gets up to leave. She promises she will be back the next day but the boys are worried about how Louis will react when he wakes up and Anne isn't there.