Chapter 2

The next morning Peter woke to a strange wight on his head along with sharp taps on his forehead.

As Peter slowly opened his eyes, he squinted at very large curious eyes staring down at him.

"Leia?" He mumbled as his vision slowly focused. With the direction his window faced the newly rising sun was at the perfect position to shin directly in his eyes.

He slowly sat up and the small owl fluttered off Peter's head landing on the nearby bedpost, it was only then that he realized the owl had a letter in her beak. With his head still groggy from the sleep he glanced over at the balcony door noticing it was closed, he sat there confused, wondering how she managed to get back in. His thoughts were interrupted by the owl jumping onto his knee and shoving the letter at him.

"Ok, ok," he muttered as he took the letter that was now laying in his lap. After picking it up Leia seemed satisfied, she flew over to her open cage then perched on the platform inside as she nibbled at the food in her feeding bowl.

Peter took in a long breath as he stretched before opening the letter, well, looking at it now it was more of a note.

Hey, Pete. Had to leave early and didn't want to wake you. Saw your owl on the balcony and decided to let it in.

Now I'm going to assume it's also some kind of wizard thing to use owls to send messages or is that just a weird teenage thing? Either way, I'm also assuming magic's involved because there's no way your owl should have known where you where when we were at the movies last week. So humor me and test my theory, send me a letter this morning. I want to see if your owl can find me.

-T

"It sounds like he's playing hide and seek" Peter said with a dry laugh. He looked up at Leia who hooted in agreement. "What do you say? Accept the challenge?"

The small owl puffed out her chest with a prideful look as she hooted.

"I'll take that as a yes," Peter grinned as he crawled out of bed. He walked over to the desk near the wall and ripped off a paper from the hotel provided notepad and started to write.

Tony,

Yes, magic is involved. From what I know owls have a natural affinity to magic and after being properly trained can deliver a letter to anyone without even an address. Though, MJ told me there are some spells that can keep an owl from finding you but I wouldn't know what they are.

Anyways, if you're in a government meeting in some high level security area then she'll still find you. I doubt no-maj security can stop an owl from finding anyone.

-Peter

Peter folded the paper up and put it in an envelope he found in the desk. He wrote Tony's name on the front and handed it to Leia who was already waiting by the balcony door.

"Don't cause to much trouble. I don't want to hear you swooping into a room full of no-majs and freaking them out."

Leia rolled her eyes, but the motion included the movement of her whole head, as if to say 'she was a professional post owl and knew exactly what she was doing,' But after Peter opened the balcony door, the sly look she gave him before flying off told him 'but no harm having a little fun on the job.'

Peter just sighed and shook his head with a small smile.

He couldn't stop the yawn from escaping as he closed the door and turned to face his room. He walking over to the end of his bed where a fancy fabric covered bench sat, with his bags settled on top. He dug through his suitcase finding the clothes he was going to wear for the day then made his way into the large bathroom that was between Tony and his room. He still couldn't get over the fact the shower had a waterfall mode. It was hard to believe he was in a hotel, it felt more like a luxury resort.