Chapter 13

[A/N: 

To all you burnt out collage students:

This one's for you. (⌐■_■) ]

After the Wand Weighing ceremony was complete, and all the wands were approved of, Mr. Bagman had them all take pictures for Rita Skeeter. The process took much longer than Peter would have liked, especially since it took ages for the photographer to figure out how to get Madame Maxime's incredibly tall figure to fit in frame. They ended up having her sit in a chair while the rest stood around her.

During the whole process he, once again, wasn't fond of the feelings Skeeter was giving off as they took the individual picture with Harry. He had a sense she was going to spin the whole story to focus on Harry Potter somehow.

When they were finally dismissed, the classes they were pulled out of were nearly over, Dumbledore allowed them to go straight to lunch if they wanted. The students filed out of the room but the adults stayed to get acquainted with the newest addition to the judges' panel: Mr. Finnegan.

Seeing as it probably wouldn't take long, Peter waiting outside the classroom leaning against one of the pillars. He still wanted to talk with Mr. Finnegan, even if it cut into lunch, it would be nice to speak with a familiar face from Ilvermorny.

That was when he felt a wave of anger flood towards him, Peter immediately turned around to find Harry's glare meet his eyes as he marched towards the other student.

"Bet this was your idea, wasn't it?" Harry said angrily as he shoved one of the buttons Draco made into his chest, making sure to give him a hard shove in the process. Peter grabbed the button before it fell to the floor as he shoved Harry's hand away.

"This was Draco's idea actually, but it's a shame I didn't have a hand in it. Though you should be happy it wasn't me, otherwise it would have said something a hell of a lot worse than 'Potter Stinks,'" Peter shot back.

"Guess you really are a snake," Harry scoffed.

"You're the one looking pretty scaley to me. What the hell did you do when they started calling me a traitor? You know for a fact that I never wanted anything to do with this stupid tournament!" Peter took a step forward getting into Harry's space.

"Is that why you had Draco attack me? Because you're just so innocent?" Harry rolled his eyes. Peter could feel the anger that was building up in Harry, or was that his own feeling?

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Peter laughed, "but I wish I could have seen it, I bet he kicked your ass. I've been training him, you see. Judging by the bruise on your jaw, whatever he cast must've hit you pretty hard if the nurse couldn't get rid of the mark. But I never realized Harry Potter " Peter said the name like it was a disgusting curse, " boy who lived , was such a sore loser, aren't you supposed to be some kind of hero? Or are you just so used to fate handing you victories that you couldn't even fight a properly trained wizard."

"And you think you're so much better than me, all high and mighty. 'Oh look at me, I'm a freak with powers that calls himself a hero' no wonder your aunt and uncle died you're just a hack!" Harry snarled.

"You take that back!!" That was when Peter saw red, in the back of his mind he could hear something urge him retaliate. He couldn't find a reason to ignore it.

Peter threw the first punch, hitting Harry in the cheek. Harry was just as quick to react, throwing his own fist towards Peter, nailing him in the eye. There was a flash of light from somewhere, and someone grabbed each of their shoulders yanking them apart.

"Get off of me!" Peter shouted as he violently shrugged his shoulder out of the grasp of Viktor, who now held himself between Peter and Harry. Each still snarling at each other. Peter held his eyes and Harry his cheek, only Harry's injury would develop into harsh bruises later if not treated.