Chapter 7

Peter didn't know what house he was getting, but Slytherin was the last one he was thinking of. He glanced over at the Gryffindor table trying to catch a glimpse of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They all looked confused, Ron seemed the most conflicted about the development.

The Slytherin table clapped like they did for the other first years that joined their ranks, all except Draco and his goons, along with some surrounding him.

Mcgonagall also seemed confused by the hat's decision, it took her a moment longer than it should have to take the step back over to where Peter sat before taking the hat off his head.

Peter could feel a swell of amusement coming from the headmaster, Peter glanced up at him trying to get a brief reading from him but was puzzled when all he got were basic emotions, and the simple feeling from his spidey sense that mean trustworthy.

Peter got up from the stool the moment the hat was off his head then headed over to the Slytherin table. He found a spot a decent distance away from Draco, it was probably best not to antagonize him more than he already had. Especially since they were in the same house now.

When he told the other boy he'd be seeing a lot of him this year, this wasn't exactly what he meant, but he trusted the hat's decision.

He found an empty seat along the long benches nearish to the front, the headmaster didn't say much after that. He only told them to 'Tuck in.' He wasn't entirely sure what that meant, probably British terminology that he wasn't used to.

Seeing that a banquet of food materialized on the previously empty tables after that, Peter assumed it was about enjoying the food.

Most around him were to busy eating to really pay him any mind. It wasn't till the plates of the first course were all but licked clean that they disappeared, only to be replaced by all sorts of puddings and desserts.

That's when the girl sitting across from him spoke up, "So you're an American wizard right? What kind of pureblood name is Parker Stark?" Her tone was kinda snobbish and Peter could just feel the judgment radiating off of her.

"Well, technically Parker is the wizard name, Stark is a no-maj name," Peter took a bite of an Oreo chocolate pudding, it was utterly delicious.

"No-maj?" She asked with a skeptical look.

"Oh, sorry muggle. No-maj is what we call them over in the US," Peter glanced up at her, he wasn't as prepared as he should have been for the disgusted look on her face. She had no desire to hide the emotions she felt and he didn't even bother looking at her thoughts since he had a feeling she was going to tell him what they were anyways.

"Your family let a muggle name attach to theirs?" She practically spat the words.

"Well actually," Peter said with a little sarcasm seeping into his voice, complete with putting his thumb and pointer finger on his chin in thought, "I think Parker might be a no-maj name too! My uncle was a squib after all." He said very matter of factly.

"Your not even pure blood!" She snapped.

"I'm kinda wishing I was no-maj born now, then I could really shove that in your face," Peter had absolutely no idea where all this sass was coming from but he was blaming (and thanking) Tony for unintentional teaching it to him. "Look! What's it even matter?" He continued.

The girl huffed in annoyance, "Well, just so you know, Slytherins values purebloods most of all! I personally don't even think half-bloods should be in this house," She crossed her arms and gave a nasty look off towards her left.

"Up yours, Greengrass," Snarled a girl a handful of seats down.

The Greengrass girl sneered at the other.