Chapter 9

[A/N: Sorry, don't worry I'm not dead! Just had writers block for this chapter but I think it's fixed!!.... hopefully.]

Tony hated the 90s.

Well, that wasn't entirely true.

He hated himself in the 90s.

His solution to his parent's death was to drown his grief in drugs and alcohol. He'd probably be dead a few times if it weren't for Richard and Mary, and why the hell they thought it was a good idea to name him their son's godfather would forever be a mystery to the billionaire.

But what he hates the most about that era of his life, is how little he remembers it. He only has a few good moment's with Richard and Mary... the rest were lost to the alterations caused by whatever substance he was abusing at the time.

He could only hope that Peter would never ask about them, but the reality was Peter would eventually and Tony might have to confess about his horrible judgment in the decade.

Or he could spend all the boring UN meetings trying to scrape up what memories he could, at least to make it seem like he was a decent human.

But then there's the problem that Peter was kind of a fan of him before they met. The kid would definitely know about his habits during that time, as would anyone googling his name for more than five minutes.

Tony was snapped out of his thoughts as he noticed a glitch on his map. The coordinates of his destination kept subtly leading him away from the location of Hogwarts. If he were not aware of the muggle repelling spell paired with the unmappable spell on the school, then he wouldn't have noticed. He'd be left thinking the coordinates lead to a random field in the middle of Scotland.

He lowered the map off the HUD of the Iron Man armor as he approached Hogwarts. From a distance it looked like a run down castle, he assumed it was a spell, but he knew he was in the right direction as he heard the nagging urge in the back of his head.

I need to go somewhere else. I need to do something important.

This one was definitely a lot stronger than the one at the Quidditch World Cup. He found himself banking to the side a few times in attempts to turn around.

He countered the muggle repellent in the same way he did last time.

I need to visit Peter! Peter is important!

He had to constantly repeat those words in his head as the urge to turn around grew stronger and stronger. He even locked the direction his suit was going to keep him from going off course. It wasn't until he passed through what he assumed was the magic barrier that surrounded the grounds of Hogwarts like a bubble, did that the urge disappeared.

<B-ss, mag*c l-v*ls cr*-*cal> FRIDAY struggled to say.

His moment of victory was shadowed by the sudden malfunctions and glitches of his suit. Despite having incorporated some of the magic proof designs Peter had been sending in for the past three weeks at school, the armor was in no way suited to be functioning in an area with extremely high MEIP levels (that was the last time he let Peter make up the acronym. He really didn't get why the kid found it so funny.)

"Power down, switching to gliders," Tony ordered. FRIDAY was able to comply and the suit went dead.

Luckily, Tony was expecting this, he had a manually activated glider installed and the suit itself was designed to be lighter than most other versions for easier unpowered flight. So instead of being a metal coffin falling from the sky, he was going to glide the rest of the way and planned to release a parachute once he was close enough.