𝟏.𝟒

𝐒𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥,
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

- 𝘰𝘬 -

8 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙨

⋯⋯⋯

                      As soon as my brain processed what was really happening and knowing the odds of finding Jasper decreased exponentially by the second, I stood straight, looking back at the three people next to me, knowing we had to move now, no matter if the rest hadn't found us , but as luck spoke, Well's voice made me turn around again as I had already started to move. His entitled tone made me sick, like he thought he knew best, like he thought he was in charge, but luckily, I didn't have to answer him, for Finn took over, pointing towards where we needed to go and started moving in that direction again. Clarke followed him, Wells running after them as I shook my head.

    "Why did it take you both so long to get here?" I looked at Bellamy, who was the last to make it to the other side. "You guys tried to kill each other and we missed it?"

    "Why don't you ask Wells?"

    "I don't really like him that much, to be completely honest."

    "Does that mean you like me?" He smirked at me and I had to use all my willpower not to roll my eyes and possibly break his self-absorbed nose.

    "No." I snorted for just because I was trying to act unbothered didn't mean I succeeded. "I do dislike you a little less than him though." I glanced at him for a moment as we had started to move after the other three. "So, did you?"

    "Why are you so interested in what I do when I'm not around you?"

    "Oh, don't get cocky with me, Bellamy. I don't care what you do, but if someone's gonna fight Wells, I'd like to be there to see it."

    "You have a grudge against him or something?" Murphy asked, standing to my other side.

    "No, but you know I feel like he is hiding something." I eyed him. "And, maybe, if someone beats him up, I'll get some answers."

    "Hey!" Finn was now in front of us. "You wanna keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" He addressed me. "You should know better."

    "Go boss the princess and Chancellor Junior, Finn, I'm not in the mood. Or even better, make yourself useful and get me to Jasper because, if I recall correctly, the one that's found this trial is me."

My tone had been much more aggressive than I intended, gaining a disappointed look from Finn. I'm disappointed in myself too, what else is new? I shouldn't have said that. He seems to be trying his best too. I moved after him, shushing the guys who had had no problems laughing and agreeing with me but that was not what I wanted.

    "I didn't mean to sound so... nasty, Finn. I'm sorry. I know you are just trying to keep us alive. I'm just... I don't know how I'm feeling, but I know I'm sorry."

    "Hey, I understand. It's been a long couple of days down here." He squeezed my shoulder. "You should be the one feeling it the most since you already risked your life once to save someone else and yet, here you are; I know you know what you're doing better than the rest."

    "Thank you."

    "Now let's keep moving, ok? We're okay."

    "I guess we will all have to get used to people getting hurt, physically or mentally."