𝟏.𝟏𝟖

𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟
𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞

- 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 -

𝙇𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙞𝙣 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙠

⋯⋯⋯

                                                   If I was certain of anything, it was the awareness of my relationship with Sam being based on mutual trust and respect, even if it had taken us longer than it had to to get there

                           If I was certain of anything, it was the awareness of my relationship with Sam being based on mutual trust and respect, even if it had taken us longer than it had to to get there. It was for that reason that I knew I had to talk with her because even if it was stupid and it objectively made no sense, a part of me felt like I had betrayed her.

Once we took Miles back to the camp, leaving him in the dropship, having some kids checking to his wounds, I caught Sam exiting the level and I knew it was then or never, so I followed her, calling for her before she could get any further.

    "I promise I'm not going anywhere." She turned to face me, soft and tired eyes looking at me. "I'm just going to get some rest until we can leave to look for them again."

    "Can we talk for a second? We are back now."

She agreed without putting much of a fight, asking me to follow her to the bonfire, which now seemed to be where we had most of our more significant conversations, not that other's were less important, but whenever we sat there, I always felt like something about either of us ended up coming up.

    "You have till I fall asleep and go back to my tent."

    "I know I've told you before and you told me you were fine with it but I know you aren't."

    "Hey, hey, develop your ideas, Blake." She faced me with furrowed eyebrows, moving her hands in front of her in a slow-down motion, looking at me like I was a puzzle she needed to solve, and by the Gods, I hoped she would. "I'm too tired to try and solve the puzzle your words are."

    "Sorry." She nodded, prompting me to continue. "I'm sorry for what happened with Raven. I know you said you were fine with it but I know you and your eyes betrayed you, Sam."

    "What do you mean my eyes betrayed me."

    "You looked hurt when you talked with me back in my tent."

    "I wasn't hurt." She turned my gaze to the fire. "It was just... weird because we both know you aren't Raven's favorite person. Then again, you're probably the most attractive guy down here and-"