𝟏.𝟕

𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤,  
𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡
   𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡

- 𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸 -

𝙉𝙞𝙡𝙠𝙖

⋯⋯⋯

                       The noise around me was too much to ignore and it ended up waking me up; I felt sore all over my body because I had fallen asleep with my head hanging backward over the tree branch I had sat against.

I must have been really tired to fall asleep like this. Can't feel my ass, can't feel my neck. What a beautiful day this is going to be.

A lot of people were already awake and working, which honestly surprised me. Charlotte was nowhere to be seen so I made my way into the dropship to check on Jasper. What was my surprise when I entered and found Clarke squatted on the lower level next to Monty who was taking off her wristband.

    "Hey!" I made myself known, moving towards them. "So I can't take this shit off but you can? How does this work again?"

    "I did what I had to do." Clarke rose and looked at me, rubbing her wrist. "Monty needed a wristband."

    "You and I both know that's a lie. If he needed a wristband he could have taken mine and you know it. You offered yours for a reason, Clarke. I'm not dumb. What the hell happened?"

Clarke seemed to be debating whether she should tell me about it or not, shifting her weight from one leg to the other and back uncomfortably. I wondered what could have happened in the little hours I knew I had slept; everything had seemed okay around the camp so it couldn't have been Grounders or something major from the Ark. She finally looked at me in the eyes.

    "Wells and I spoke yesterday before I went to sleep. I asked him if he had actually been the one to turn my father in... turns out it was my mother." Her confession made me sick, feeling like I physically needed to take a step back from the impact of her words; I couldn't even begin to imagine how she was feeling. "And now, Wells is dead."

    "What?" The feeling of nausea was quickly replaced by one of perplexity. "When? How? What?" I saw Clarke's eyes beginning to water and I immediately stopped asking questions. "I'm sorry, too many questions." I hugged her. "Come here." She was just trying to act strong but I knew that deep inside, she was broken; takes one to know. "Let it out. I'm here, alright? I got you."

I whispered in her ear stroking her hair, feeling her nod as she held tightly onto me. I knew the privileged were fucked up but this was a whole new level, even for them; I couldn't help but feel pity for Clarke, murdered father at the hands of a family friend instigated by her mother. It was messed up.

    "Thank you." She had held onto me for longer than I had expected her to, only breaking apart when she spoke again.

    "It's no problem. You know where I'll be if you need me." I smiled, knowing the last thing Clarke wanted me to do was to ask questions, so I decided not to push her and try to focus her attention on something else. "Now, what's on my to-do list for the day, huh?"

    "Well, you can help me with this." Monty chimed in from behind her.

    "Monty, thank you for the faith you have in me, but I'm no engineer."