𝟏.𝟐𝟎

"𝐈𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐞,  
     '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞"

- 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 -

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙑𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙨

⋯⋯⋯

     Sam couldn't move because I had tied her up, which meant she couldn't defend herself from Murphy if it came to that

     Sam couldn't move because I had tied her up, which meant she couldn't defend herself from Murphy if it came to that. She was also bleeding and the last thing I needed was to watch her die because of me. I looked around for a moment; I had no clue what was taking Raven so long but this wasn't about my safety now, it was about Sam's and I knew I had to do everything in my hands to keep her safe.

I glanced at her. She had her eyes on Murphy but it was easy for me to tell that she was racking her brain to come up with something, but there was nothing to do. At least not for her. I took a deep breath, knowing this could end badly for me. I grabbed the rope and put it around my neck, tightening the knot around my skin.

    "You happy now?"

    "You're so brave, aren't you?" Murphy smiled mockingly, pulling the belts and making the knot tighter around my neck, instinctively moving my hands to the rope to try to loosen it. "I mean, you came in here thinking you were going to turn this whole thing around, that you're stronger than me, that maybe one of your friends would come and help you." He looked at Sam. "Now you are being such a gentleman, protecting her."

    "Well, why don't you let me free from these knots and we'll see who the fuck needs protection, huh?"

    "What are you thinking now, Bellamy?"

Murphy looked at me in the eyes, completely ignoring Sam's comment and pulling even more from the belts, almost making me lose balance. It was funny he should ask what I was thinking. I was thinking of how I was going to kill him as soon as Sam was free and I could get rid of the rope. I knew he could kill me if he wanted. I knew he would do it now that I had seen him shoot Sam.

As I didn't answer, Murphy pulled again, not falling from the chair I was standing on by a miracle, my heart on my throat as I struggled to breathe. Sam tossed and turned in her place, screaming at Murphy, threatening him but Murphy stood in front of me like Sam wasn't even there. Until something she said caught his attention.

    "Murphy stop it. Take me instead, hang me instead."

    "Why would I do that?"

    "Because you got hanged because I agreed on it." Sam's voice was calm and steady, keeping her eyes on Murphy. "You got banished because I said so. None of it was Bellamy's fault. It was all me."