Past Lives part 2

Hello, yes this is part two of past lives. I got a request to make this so I did! That person also helped me figure out how to portray this part because honestly I had no idea where to take this but anyways... 

Please thank iamhaikyuu for this one-shot part.

Lets get onto this story.

3rd person's POV

Lance's attempt to joke around was upsetting to his team while his past lives fist bumped quietly.

"Lance..." Hunk walked solemnly over to Lance. 

Lance turned away to walk out of his room when Shiro grabbed his arm and pulled him to a chair. "You are going to stay here as we go and look through your room for any dangerous items. Ok?" 

"How am I supposed to respond to that? Like 'Ok Shiro. I will willingly let you go though my personal life that I may have accidentally told everyone about, and take all the things keeping me half insane away?'" 

Shiro nodded quickly letting go of Lance's arm. "Sadly, yes. Lance I was hoping to never have to do this with someone but it has come down to it."

Lance frowns then shrugs and looks away as Keith scowled and shook his head.

The rest of the team walked out of the room to go investigate Lance's room leaving Lance unattended.

Lance got up and out of is chair and motions to his past lives as he walks out of the room. Doug patted Lance on the back. Philip sighed and rolled his eyes. Lance kept on walking, not to a place, just walking. He found himself near the air lock when he stopped.

He looks at the door that opens up into the vast space he had grown used to. Lance was about to keep walking when Pidge's voice rang though the hall.

"LANCE?!?"

Lance turned lazily to the green paladin who looked really worried yet relieved to see Lance here.

"Lance where were you? I thought you were supposed to stay in the training room!" Pidge quickly shook her head and grabbed Lance's arm. "Come on the others are looking for you."

Lance followed Pidge, the sound of many feet echoing through the small hallway.

Pidge lead Lance back to the training room where everyone else is standing there nervously. 

Hunk jumps up off the ground the minute Lance walks in. "Buddy! Where were you?!"

Before Lance could respond Pidge answered for him. "I found lance by the airlock."

Hunk gasped and Lance shook his head slightly sighing in the process. "Guys, I was just taking a walk. You never said I had to stay in that chair, so I left. I just happened to be at the airlock when Pidge found me."

"Do you expect me to believe that BULLSHIT?!" Keith snapped.

Lance shrugged. "Yes actually. You should believe it because it is the truth."

"Lance..." Shiro mumbled quietly.

Lance turned back around. "If you guys are done I'm going back to my room."

Lance started walking before a bag of something hit his head, tripping him and making him fall over. Everyone turned to the angry Keith. 

Keith walked back up to the bag and picked it up. "Do you see this Lance? Do you see it? This is the stuff we had to take out of your room." Keith opened the bag. "Look, three razors, two knives, a lighter, some rope, and a bottle of goddamn sleeping pills, and... I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS PAPER MEANS!!!!!!"

Lance stood up dusting himself off. "If you are taking my stuff away, you should also take everyone else's stuff like that away." Lance glared at Keith. "Or do you not want to lose your knife collection, because I sure didn't want to lose mine." 

And with that, Lance walked out of the room leaving a cold silence in the room. His past lives slowly filing out the door.

Keith threw the bag down in rage and turned to the other paladins. "We are going to keep a close eye on Lance, we don't want him doing anything that he will regret."

"If I was going to do anything like that. I sure wouldn't regret it." Lance chimed in at the door.

Keith turned back to the door but by then, Lance had already left.

Hunk sighed sadly and picked up the bag. "Keith is right, we got to help Lance as much as we can."

And with that Hunk also left the room.

Time Skip.

Lance have convinced his past lives to be quiet for a bit or to at least leave him alone. Shiro has kept the machine on so his past lives are still visible to everyone.

Lance found himself up in the observatory. Up in space, you'd assume that you wouldn't need one but you don't really get to notice the stars while fighting.

Lance opened up the roof like dome so there was a railing protecting you from falling to your death. The observatory was pretty high but also in the middle of the castle, so if you were theoretically were to jump, you would land on some other part of the castle.

Lance stood there at the railing just watching the stars twinkle until the sound of the door opening echoed to Lance's ears.

"Lance what are you doing?"

Lance turns around to see Keith standing by the door.

Lance's eyes twinkle and he winks to Keith. "I'm looking for my family." Lance turns back to the railing but gets closer than he was before.

"Lance, please step back."

Lance chuckles and swings his legs over the railing and sitting down on it. "I want to see my mom again."

Keith steps closer making Lance jump up onto the railing standing up.

"You'd understand me Keith. Right?"

Keith grabs a walkie-talkie and whispered into it. "Guys back up please."

Lance dances around on the railing. "You know Keith if you want to join me-"

"LANCE GET DOWN!!!" Shiro and Hunk yell at the same time.

Lance wobbles on the railing but stands up straight right after. "Wow! Almost fell."

Keith takes a step forward. Lance turns around to look Keith in the eyes.

"I hope you understand that you are not the reason I am leaving, I just want to visit my mom again. I hope to see you again, but not too soon. You hear? I am also really tired. Of everything The things helping me cope were taken away which meant I had no way of releasing all the stress." Lance waves to his team. "I was hoping to be the one to end this cycle of pain, but I will make sure the next one is the last one. Bye!"

Lance extends his arms and brings one hand to his lips. Blowing a kiss to Keith, staying in that pose as he leans back.

"LAAANNNNNCCCEEEEEE!!!!!!" Keith yells as Lance descends down smiling the whole way.

The team were all on the ground next to the railing crying not only over the lost paladin, but the fact that this all happened before them and they couldn't stop it.