Partners part 4

Ok Im gonna finish it no matter what...

I shouldve said a couple of months ago...

Oh well here we go

Lance's POV

I blink rapidly. Everythign felt weird I woke up in my own room tonight and not with Keith. Why not? I don't know... It can't be.

Lance had done this too many times now but he cant leave the other world.

I quickly ran out of the room and to our room. I knocked feverishly. "Red!" I called out to the door.

Keith opened the door. "Hmm?"

"Fucking punch me." I burst out. Keith stared blankly at me. I nodded. "Understood." I pushed past Keith and opened his drawer. Quickly grabbing his knife. 

Keith gained conscience and moved towards me. "The fuck are you doing?" A dread setteling in Keith's eyes.

I pushed the knife to my stomach. "Going back to sleep." The knife pricking through my shirt and drawing blood. "This isn't the correct reality. If it was I'd wake up in your bed with my ring." I blinked back tears. "But I didn't so if all of that was just a dream I'm going to sleep for a while."

Keith pressed the alarm button next to everyone's door that Coran had installed. "Lance put the knife down, you just got out of the pod."

"Unfortunately." I hiccuped back a sob. "I liked the other world better." The knife made a deeper gash every second.

Footsteps echoed through the halls, my opportunity closing slowly. I thrust the knife a bit deeper. 

Keith tackled me. Luckily pushing the knife all the way through. I let out a scream. I bit my lip and grabbed Keith as he fondled with the knife impaling my abdomen. 

I pulled Keith into a searing kiss. Holding back screams. I mixed mine and his tears. "I love you but I love the other you more and he reciprocated these emotions." Keith chocked on saliva. 

Shiro burst in. At first because of how Keith was on top of me and how I held him. "Keith?" 

Keith looked around. Tears and blood mixing on his face. "G-get him to a pod." Shiro stood stunned in silence. "GET LANCE A FUCKING POD!!!!" Keith screeched. 

Shiro cursed loudly. "NOT AGAIN LANCE!" It looked like a scene from a horror movie. Pidge and Hunk left their rooms by the time Shiro and Keith rushed by.

"LANCE!" Hunk screamed.

I closed my eyes. I painfully hummed to myself. "My first life was so boring, just forget I mentioned it" A chilling swoop of air hit my face. I met Keith's frantic eyes. "And my second seemed to let me do all the things the first one didnt."

Keith's eyes widened in shock.

I nodded. Shiro burst into the pod room. I sang as loud as I could in this state. "Clinging to fate and blaming it when life won't go your way." Shiro desperately opened a pod. A drowsyness washed over me.

"Such a laugh Ha!" I said more quietly as Keith and the others cried while pain once again shot up my spine. I met Keith's eyes once more. 

"Life is just a game." I mouthed.

I was put in a pod. The last thing I saw was Keith's desperate face. I waved as the door shut and I fell back asleep.

I blink again. The warmth of another person next to him. I snuggled closer to him.

Keith. Red. My lover.

I sighed out loud. If leaving the others meant I could wake up to this addicting feeling then I'd sacrifice my world to feel Keith hug me under the covers sharing our body heat.

I love Keith. This dream is like a drug, addicting. I loved it so. Every time I slept I returned here. It was a miracle that he could return here anytime and time seems to stop when hes like that.

I'd rather die and live here forever. Please, I cant live without you.

"Hmm Is everything ok?"

"Sorry Red, go back to sleep."