I Meet Legolas From Lord of The Rings - Quinn

Saying the place was beautiful would be a complete understatement. The whole town was built with the forest. Trees were in the center of some stone buildings with no roof except for the tree's crown. Water flowed alongside paths, and ivy grew up wooden buildings that seemed to have actually been built by the forest itself. There were no wooden planks or glass windows. It looked like many small trees had formed the shape of the walls with some holes for windows. Alongside the stone fencing that surrounded the whole town were carts with fresh fruit. Everybody here resembled Aspen with her pale skin and cold blue eyes, save some difference in hair color, all ranging from black to ginger or a platinum blonde.

Many people gave me strange looks as we passed, but most were caught up in celebrating. It seemed like Javvar was a pretty great guy. Children ran around chasing one another while the adults laughed. Some teens seemed to be off in the side talking and just having a great time. The place was perfect.

To my right a loud horn sounded. Everyone became quiet and a hole formed in the crowd. People whispered and looked in the direction the sound had come from. The man must have been Javvar because, well, he had the aura of a warrior around him. Also because many people around me kept saying "praise Javvar".

He looked like Legolas from Lord of The Rings.

Javvar began a speech, and many people around us cheered. Aspen smiled brightly and looked at me.

"We can't stay for the celebrations sadly, we must find Morkin. He'll know what to do with you," she said over the loud cheers. She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the back of the crowd and towards the center of the town.

We weaved around houses until she stopped at a stone building with a tree growing near its center, the door standing slightly ajar.

"This is Morkin's home. He is our town's healer, rune caster, and enchanter. He should know what to do with you," she said and opened the door.

I don't know what I was expecting but this wasn't it. The inside had a small glowing stream of water that circled around the large tree, almost like a moat, yet six inches wide. Most of the room was pretty bare except for one wall that held a bookshelf. Along the right side of the room was a desk with materials scattered about its surface. A man about sixty sat at the workbench, staring out the window on the right side of the room.

"I see you've brought a guest," the old man said, getting out of his chair.

"Yes, this is Quinn, daughter of James," she stated. "Her story is quite... interesting" she said. "She comes from..." She paused. " I know it sounds foolish, my wisdom does not even compare to yours, but I believe she comes from one of the other... realms," she blurted. "There is probably another reasonable explanation for her appearance, but-" The man raised his hand, silencing her.

"Aspen, what you say is... intriguing, but do you have any proof of what you say?" He questioned. Aspen looked at me.

"Tell him. You mentioned a boat, a land that doesn't exist."

"Uh, hi," I falter. "Um, so I did fall off my boat, I was getting some pictures with my phone when a wave hit my boat and knocked me off." I pause. " Uh, there were these two... voices. They debated whether or not I should live, and I guess they sent me here? But here is on Earth right? Like, I'm still... alive?" The man looked at me, and then at Aspen.

"You are very much alive my child, but on Earth? Well, you are standing on the ground, but I'm assuming that is not what you are speaking of." The old man walked over to his bookshelf and skimmed the selves, pulling out a leather book. He flipped through the pages, stopping a little more than halfway through. "Not much is known about the different realms. Some think they are just a myth. There are said to be five realms, one missing each of the five elements, fire, water, earth, air, and magic, and there is one realm with all, the Fringes. Our worlds are woven together, yet remain separate. Few know the ways of jumping between these barriers, for the Divines have withdrawn such information for many eons. Tell me, child, is your realm missing any of those five elements?"

I swallowed, this isn't real, I'm just dreaming, I got knocked out. Yes, that's what happened. I looked at the man. "We don't have magic." I look back over at Aspen, the ground seemed unsteady for a moment, and clouds formed in my vision. I willed myself not to blackout, but alas, that didn't happen. 

Dont forget to voteeee!!! helps me tons

love you guyssss

-Mari